JOB TITLE: Senior Presentations Designer - £30-40K
LOCATION: Old Street, North London - may include some UK and overseas travel
THE COMPANY: We’re an independent 50+ creative communications agency founded in 2005 with offices in London and Europe.
We have an incredible client list that covers all sectors including health and beauty, technology, FMCG, financial institutions, government agencies and telecommunications. Our projects are diverse and include internal and external communications, presentations, video and animation, live events and exhibitions.
The main focus of the role will be creating exciting and engaging presentations as well as collateral for events and conferences. The role requires a strong graphic design background and a varied portfolio that demonstrates full working knowledge of the Adobe Creative Suite – in particular Photoshop and Illustrator. You will also have proven experience in creating PowerPoint templates and presentations for a
variety of purposes such as; events & conferences, financial results, sales pitches and internal communications. Although the role will be predominantly office-based, some travel will be required in order to
attend client meetings, run client training sessions, or to work onsite at client events. You will therefore be expected to be personable, presentable and punctual with a friendly ‘can do’ attitude.
Our Senior Designers are key role models for the Junior members of team. It is therefore crucial that designers of this level are able to remain positive and extremely supportive within our fast paced studio environment.
- Creating PowerPoint templates and presentations for a variety of purposes such as; events & conferences, financial results, sales pitches and internal communications.
- Working closely with Project Managers, keeping them well informed with project progress.
- Using PM tools consistently and correctly (e.g. 10,000ft, Trello).
- Quality checking the work of Junior members of the team.
- Providing training and mentoring to Junior members of the team where required.
- Liaising directly with clients where appropriate – for example taking briefing calls and discussing project feedback.
- Occasionally working onsite in client offices, or at client events (some UK and overseas travel will be required).
- Occasionally running PowerPoint training sessions onsite with clients.
- Designing Word Templates to assist the wider team (training provided).
- Assisting the PMs with other relevant tasks where required (for example; helping to cost projects, suggesting creative solutions to briefs, providing thorough presentation critiques).
- Assisting the Head of Department with other team related tasks where required (for example running knowledge sharing sessions and ‘owning’ specific elements of the team strategy)
- Staying ahead of application / technology updates related to the service area, and developing skill set accordingly.
DESIRED KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE:
- 5 years + design experience.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Design, or other relevant Design qualification(s).
- Adobe Creative Suite - InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop.
- Microsoft PowerPoint 2007 and above.
- Proven experience creating slick, engaging presentations and functional PowerPoint templates.
- Experience handling multiple projects at any one time, working closely and efficiently with Project Managers and other Designers.
- Ability to deliver under pressure in a busy and fast paced studio environment.
- Experience working onsite with clients.
- Knowledge of other presentation tools such as Keynote, Prezi & Google Slides (desirable but not essential).
- A positive and supportive role model for Junior members of the team.
- Creative and ambitious.
- Personable and client-focused.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Self-motivated with excellent time management skills.
- ‘Can do’ attitude with ability to stay composed when working under pressure.
- Proven problem-solving abilities and resourcefulness.
- Ability and desire to learn new technologies.
- Excellent written and interpersonal communication skills.
We offer a professional, friendly and supportive environment within an open plan office. This is a challenging and exciting role, with ambition and hard work you will be provided with plenty of new opportunities to progress your career.