Our amazing Tech client is looking for a UX Designer to take on the challenge of being their sole UX Designer who will eventually assist in building out the team!
You will be spearheading the UX Strategy & Functionality across multiple teams (focused on product), as well as, digital: spanning across mobile, desktop, and internal systems. Your communication skills are extremely important in this role as you must run with little direction or take strict directions; you must be highly articulate in understanding others and clearly portraying your own thoughts.
The Process: Creative briefs and directions (sometimes sparse) will be given to you from multiple teams. You will research, conduct panels/interviews, develop rapid prototypes, test new concepts using lean UX principles, measuring customer success, and providing mock-ups backing up your recommendations on your iterations.
HIGHLY DESIRED: Cooper, IDEO, RISD
- Devise UX strategy and work cross functionally to lead and maintain the UX vision.
- Develop and leverage personas to inform user goals for specific lines of business.
- Collaborate with product owners to translate persona goals into interactions, wireframes, & prototypes.
- Iterate through interactions and subtle details using prototyping and testing to deliver the optimal customer experience.
- Collaborate with visual designers on the final implementation of products, features and experiences.
- Collaborate closely with product and engineering teams to user-test new concepts and assist engineering with the final implementation.
- Lead UX design reviews and review deliverables from designers and engineering.
- Analyze customer feedback and quantitative data to constantly improve the product.
- Five or more years of UX design experience.
- Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college/university or equivalent experience in design
- Expertise with UX software such as Axure RP PRo, UXPin, Balsamiq, Framer.js, Quartz Composer, Adobe, etc.
- Experience taking products from concept to launch.
- Ability to create mockups and/or clickable prototypes using tools such as InVision, Fireworks, Photoshop, Illustrator, etc.
- Extensive experience in using UX design best practices to design solutions and a deep understanding of mobile-first and responsive design.
- Expertise in user-centered design and testing methodologies, subsystems, and usability and accessibility concerns.
- Ability to iterate designs and solutions efficiently and intelligently.
- Ability to clearly and effectively communicate design processes, ideas and solutions to teams and customers.
- Close collaboration and communication with teams and other stakeholders via a distributed model to regularly deliver design solutions for approval.
- Ability to research and showcase knowledge in the industry’s latest trends and technologies.
- Passion for all things UX and other areas of design and innovation.
- Background with and use of Cooper or IDEO methodologies is a significant advantage.