Lead WordPress Designer
Salary: Up to £60K (depending on experience)
We are looking for a talented and self-motivated Lead WordPress Designer with development skills to work in our marketing team. You will report into the Marketing Director and be responsible for the design and front-end development of a portfolio of 3 multi-lingual websites, including creation & customization of WordPress themes and plugins.
The candidate should be up to speed with industry design trends and have a strong understanding of the entire web development process, including design, development, and deployment.
This role, amongst other things, will own a lot of our webmaster duties, to support Marketing in the release of content.
• Redesign of our website with the objective of improving CRO, SEO and look & feel
• Running A/B or multivariate testing to improve CRO
• Responsible for all pixel management to support digital marketing activities
• Business-as-usual updating of the sites with copy changes, videos, forms etc.
• Building landing pages and content pages to support Marketing initiatives
• Technical changes to sites to improve SEO
• Connecting with APIs where necessary
• Responsive/adaptive/mobile first design
• HTML & CSS
• Usability & Conversion Rate Optimisation
• Experience of AWS
• SEO-friendly coding
• Experienced with accessible coding practices
• Debugging tools like Firebug, Chrome inspector, etc.
• Ability to work fast and on tight deadlines
• Good understanding of design principles and best practices with great attention to detail
• Self-motivated with a high level of pride in their work
• Someone who wants to be part of a multi-functional marketing team and is comfortable working with people with differing levels of technical ability and understanding