Aquent's client, a Fortune 500 multi-national technology company in Mountain View, CA, is looking for an experienced UI designer to lead a project and collaborate closely with product management, engineering, research, and UX writing.
This client's online retail destination for the Hardware organisation, brings together flagship products and connected home devices. This is a small team and ideate as a group, on long-term projects that shape the vision and strategy of the store, and tactical projects to continually advance the user experience.
Ideally, you'll have some experience designing consumer-facing experiences. Also, you'll have some interest in strategy, motion, prototyping or visual design. The lines between disciplines is increasingly blurry, so a diverse skill set will go a long way.
Top 3 Daily Responsibilities:
- Designing flows and wireframes
- Collaborating with Product management and marketing
- Creating Polished designs and handing off to Engineering teams
- BA/BS in a relevant field (Graphic/Communication Design, Interaction Design, HCI, Information Design etc.)
- 4-5 years of UX/Product Experience with focus on UI design
- Expert understanding of Sketch
- Strong creative and visual skills; the ability to explain your thinking
- Strong communication skills and an ability to work independently and with a team
- Attention to detail and a demonstrated mastery of typography, color and grid
- Cross platform experience, designing for various screen sizes
- Solid understanding of production techniques for Mobile and Web
- Experience using prototyping tools, ideally some confidence hand-coding HTML, CSS etc.