In this assignment, as a Research Assistant at Aquent's client, you'll have the opportunity to support research activities in developing innovative, user-friendly, mobile products. We are looking for individuals who have excellent communication skills, are diligent, detail-oriented, and can work fairly independently.
Top 3 Daily Responsibilities:
1. Conduct qualitative user research, primarily in-lab usability sessions.
2. Analyze and interpret both qualitative and quantitative data.
3. Draft findings, recommendations, and reports based on user research.
*Administer questionnaires and surveys.
*Assist other user researchers with various user research preparation activities.
*Assist quantitative user researchers with data cleaning and manipulating data.
- BA degree in Human-Computer Interaction, Human Factors, Cognitive Psychology, or other field emphasizing human behavior
- 6 mo - 1 year experience in a UX Research Assistant position that included conducting in-person lab-based usability research
- Interest in general research and/or user research methods
- Can work independently and prioritize time between multiple projects, and be flexible by adapting to changing schedules and different projects
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Technical aptitude, familiarity with basic graphic and video editing tools
- Google Slides, sheets and docs experience
Nice to have Skills:
- Experience or background conducting smartphone research
- Some familiarity with scripting or query languages (SQL, R, Perl, etc)
- Familiarity with Android smartphones & tablets preferred
- Understanding of experimental design and descriptive statistics preferred