The Instructional Designer assists in creating innovative and engaging online courses by employing current instructional design methodologies. This is a full-time, onsite role in San Diego, CA.
The Instructional Designer will also:
• Make recommendations on enhancements and/or revisions of course materials, delivery methods, and instructional practices.
• Conduct needs assessment and initial analysis as part of their collaboration Subject Matter Experts (SMEs).
• Employ instructional design and usability best practices into the development of online content.
• Author original content and modify existing materials in coordination with SMEs.
• Create design documents (course outlines, storyboards, design mock ups, etc.) to guide the course development process.
• Consult in designing effective assessments and evaluation methods.
• Storyboard engaging and interactive multimedia ideas.
The Instructional Designer develops guidelines for consulting with stake holders by:
• Designing and providing recommendations for custom multimedia activities.
• Providing supportive documentation for evaluation decisions.
• Conducting training and coaching on best practices for online course design.
We have a simple philosophy at Vitamin T: to personally place the best creative talent in the best jobs for the best companies. When you work for Vitamin T, you qualify for medical, dental and vision insurance after working only four consecutive weeks maintaining an average of 20 hours per week. If this job isn't the right fit for you, but you know someone who is, please pass this job posting on. We have a fantastic referral program that pays out in cash rewards! (http://aquent.com/rewards/)
• Master’s degree in instructional design or educational technology is required.
• 2+ years of experience developing courses in a corporate, educational, or freelance environment
• Intermediate-to-advanced knowledge of Adobe Captivate, Adobe Presenter, and Articulate Storyline or like screen/audio capturing eLearning software is preferred.
• Ability to provide technical guidance and leadership to professional personnel in development of eLearning materials.
o Online course creation within hosting platforms (i.e. eCollege, Blackboard, Angel, Moodle).
• Must have strong organizational skills with great attention to detail and follow-through, as well as the ability to organize a multitude of tasks under time constraints.
• Excellent oral and written communication abilities including interpersonal relations are essential.
• Strong knowledge of Internet terms, technologies, and protocols.
• Demonstrated training in content development, curriculum development, training development (i.e. certification or degree in related field).
• Certification in project management, or proof of at least six (6) months project management training, is a plus.