Our client, a full-service, purpose-driven creative agency located in North County San Diego, seeks a full-time and onsite (temp-to-hire) Account Strategist with an integral understanding of marketing and communication fundamentals, technologies, and cultural trends. You are a strong communicator with a writing background and diverse interests. You’re a thinker, maker, and mentor. You have the ability to make decisions and collaborate with a team to deliver stunning work. You are adept at developing original creative concepts/approaches, and thrive in a continuously changing, fast-paced environment.
The Account Strategist plays a key role in driving client strategy throughout engagement. They develop an understanding of the client’s business environment and strategy. They gather, define, and clarify the insights that drive creative solutions and help the agency make a difference in their client’s business. The Account Strategist works closely with the internal team to develop creative strategy, drive the collaborative efforts of the projects’ creative, and develop outstanding copy/content while embodying the agency's culture and standards both internally and with their clients.
The average day for will vary greatly. One day might consist of developing a communication strategy and key messages for a client’s sustainability campaign, brainstorming creative ideas for a pitch, creating taglines for a campaign, and providing feedback to creatives on website concepts. Another day might be spent writing a video script, briefing the creative team on strategy for a newly acquired project, and meeting with clients to present communication strategy recommendations. The kind of person who will excel in this position is excited by the challenge of doing a variety of communication and strategy-related tasks, and can easily switch from one task to the next without getting overwhelmed.
The Account Strategist will develop the communication strategy and implement all content-driven initiatives across multiple platforms/formats to build client engagement and drive new and current business. Depending on the project, they may be the client’s main point of contact and serve as the day-to-day liaison between the client and our creative team.
Client Pitching, Communication and Kick-offs
• Participate in new business pitches and strategy recommendations
• Brainstorm initial ideas
• Create and present pitch decks (language, flow, content)
• Interview clients and their stakeholders
• On specific projects, serve as the day-to-day liaison for client communication
• Develop a solid rapport with clients and become their strategic partner
• Understand the overall business strategy of projects and consumer goals
• Participate in brainstorm sessions internally and client facing (campaign concepts, names for brands and campaigns, report themes, etc.)
• Create and present presentation decks (language, flow, content)
• Work with the Chief Creative Officer to ensure creative recommendations and strategy align with account objectives while maximizing effectiveness
• Conceptualizing complex data into infographics
• Develop concepts, scripts and storyboards for video projects
• Assist Chief Creative Officer in pitches and presentations, but also lead creative presentations and meetings
• Research (audiences, industries, competitors)
• Create brand research reports
• Communication audits
• Develop and present communication strategies and plans
• Write, edit, and produce content across different channels and formats – concept pitches, social media, reports, video script, ads, web copy, etc.
• Create key messages/messaging matrixes
• Develop editorial calendars
• Set social media strategy and create content calendars for clients, incorporating best practices across social media channels
• Copy for various projects in different styles, tones, lengths, purposes and channels
• Press releases, outreach, thinkPARALLAX communication
• Lead large-scale creative strategy for key clients
• Manage small team of creative communicators
• Manage staff and freelancers and provide feedback, sign-offs, and creative direction on day-to-day basis
• Work effectively and efficiently with project timelines; ensure on-time completion of deliverables
• Be an active part of the larger team and proactively drive the agency’s exposure to creative ideas and recommendations