Are you an experienced and talented UI designer looking work within a fun team environment in the heart of Kent? Then this role will be of interest to you.
My luxury retail client is looking for a UI designer where you work across all aspects of the brands visual material. The business is recognised as a leading luxury ecommerce/retail brand with a 250 person strong team based in offices in Tunbridge wells, the business has won multiple awards and the are keen to invite people who are passionate to join their team.
As an experienced UI designer you will be used to designing and shaping unique, user-centric products and experiences. As the ideal candidate will have experience working in agile teams, with developers, UX designers and copywriters. You will be able to make deliberate design decisions and to translate any given user-experience journey into a smooth and intuitive interaction.
-Be a great team player, experienced in working with agile teams. Ability to collaborate closely with developers, copywriters and UX designers
- Bring wire frames to life with prototypes & final designs. With a strong focus on Interaction and Material Design. Coupled with adhering to style guides, user flows (this is UX), and effectively communicate your interaction ideas using any of these methods
- Present and defend your design decisions. All your design decisions should be based on the overall design road map as well as your own design thinking and fundamental principles (i.e. colour theory, visual weight, etc.)
- Continually keep yourself and your design team updated with the latest changes in your industry’s standards
- Experience and proven track record on UI
- Be able to work autonomously while dealing with a heavy workload
- Strong portfolio to be presented and defended during intervie
- Hands-on experience creating prototypes, animations, material design and responsive UI
- Experience using tools such as Photoshop, Sketch, Illustrator, InVision
- Creative ideas with problem solving mindset
- Experience working in an agile/scrum process
- After Effects for bringing to life your interaction design
- Be open to receiving objective criticism and improving upon it
- Solid Experience in ecommerce
- Understanding of video
If this sounds like you and the kind of 'going-places' business you would like to be part of then apply with a CV and portfolio of relevant work examples today. It would also be great to hear more about why this role appeals to you in your cover note.
This role is based in Tunbridge Wells, Kent, it is accessible by train and a walk from the nearest station and there is parking near by as well on a first come, first served basis.
Please be aware we can only respond to successful applicants. Please try and match your experience to the role and provide all the information required to help us see you as their next hire.