Social & Content Manager: Up to £50k doe
Our client is a innovative tech start-up. They are looking for an experienced Content Manager to join the Marketing team and help drive consumer and business engagement. With a well-defined marketing strategy in place they need the right person to refine, build and implement the content strategy. They have a highly engaged user base and fan communities around the world; looking for someone to further nurture these groups and help drive our growth.
As Social & Content Marketing Manager, you will own the content strategy development and implementation. You will brief internal teams to create relevant content, will post on our social channels and website, will send content in our newsletter and other messaging apps and will engage relevant communities to generate brand love and cultivate inbound sales leads. You’ll also be responsible for monitoring and reporting on content performance and using this insight to fuel further content development.
This role is critical to their marketing strategy, so are looking for a strong leader; someone who knows how to foster, champion and nourish a commitment to collaboration and team thinking; someone flexible who will react positively to the dynamic nature of a fast-growing tech company; someone who loves what you do, brings new and innovative ideas to the table, and is inspired by new challenges. You must have impeccable communication skills and an ability to relate to and be trusted by your team.
* Manage Social Media marketing and day-to-day activities including:
Curate relevant content to reach our ideal customers – in post/navigation/travel/events/aid & development Create, curate, and manage all published content (images, video and written).
* Monitor, listen and respond to users while cultivating leads and sales; must have an always-on mentality to never miss an opportunity.
* Develop and expand our community and orchestrate influencer outreach efforts.
Oversee design (e.g. Facebook cover photo, profile pic, thumbnails, ads, landing pages, Twitter profile, and blog).
* Work with Business Development team to flag and follow-up with relevant business leads.
Update WordPress site content
* Become an advocate for the Company in Social Media spaces, engaging in dialogue and answering questions where appropriate and championing our people, where relevant.
* Demonstrate ability to map out a social strategy and then drive that strategy through testing and metric-based data.
* Further nurture our community by managing development and deployment of our monthly newsletter.
* Monitor trends in Social Media tools, applications, channels, design and strategy.
* Maximise our voice at events to drive business leads & PRWork with helpdesk & Business
* Development team to create content to address top customer queries/concerns
* Leverage database segmentation to speak to specific audiences with specific messages (on social, email)
* Manage creation of POV content, in partnership with creative team
* Manage Hygiene content creation, in partnership with creative team
* Manage SEO insight and implementation across all appropriate channels to ensure no opportunity is missed to engage those interested in topics related to us
* Possesses knowledge and experience in the tenets of traditional marketing.
* A degree in Marketing is welcome, but not required with relevant work experience.
* Demonstrates creativity and documented immersion in Social Media.
* Proficient in content marketing theory and application.
* Experience sourcing and managing content development and publishing.
* Displays in-depth knowledge and understanding of Social Media platforms, their respective users (Facebook, Twitter, Google+, YouTube, Instagram, Pinterest etc.) and how each platform can be deployed in different scenarios.
* Maintains excellent writing and language skills.
* Displays ability to effectively communicate information and ideas in written and video format.
* Is a Team player with the confidence to take the lead and guide other employees when necessary (i.e. content development, creation and editing of content, and online reputation management).
* Knowledge of and experience using HubSpot.
* Good technical understanding and can pick up new tools quickly.
* Maintains a working knowledge of principles of SEO including keyword research.
* Highly knowledgeable in the principles of “Search and Social”
* Possesses functional knowledge and/or personal experience with WordPress.
* Demonstrates winning Social Customer Service techniques. Possesses great ability to identify potential negative or crisis situation and apply conflict resolution principles to mitigate issues.