Agency in Pharma/Healthcare/Medical industry seeks Sr. Events Planner to plan and execute small and large meetings and events. The Sr. Events Planner will be responsible for updating internal systems in a timely manner and communicating program details to all necessary internal departments. On-site management and travel (about 30%) is required.
Specific Duties, Activities, and Responsibilities:
• Responsible for budget development and reconciliation of jobs to ensure minimum net and gross profit standards/requirements
• Works within and manages to assigned and budgeted labor hours by job and position level, to ensure minimum standards of job profitability.
• Maintains and/or exceeds minimum billable utilization percentages for position level
• Responsible for managing the assigned project team in the planning of all program/meeting logistics including but not limited to venue/ site selection, contract negotiations, travel, food and beverage, meeting room sets, audio-visual, rooming lists, ground transportation, and ancillary vendors (i.e. entertainment, activities, décor and/or photographer)
• Responsible for audience generation (recruitment) and attendee data management including post-meeting compliance Sunshine Act reporting.
• Maintain ongoing dialog with supervisor and project team throughout life of the program to evaluate progress, and initiate scope change process, if necessary
• Responsible for attending and participation in new project briefing and kick off meetings
• Work on-site at small meetings independently or lead the logistics team at large meetings to coordinate meeting logistics/ activities with Client Services, venue & vendors and offer assistance to team members
• Review and approve meeting specs from all perspectives such as attendees, vendors, etc., and offer recommendations to reduce costs.
• Negotiate best available rates and contract terms with vendors and/or coordinate with Accounting.
• Responsible for the oversight and management of program recruitment and attendee management
• Customize template documents with program specific information and coordinate distribution to all attendees according to necessary timelines
• Review and reconcile final invoices and pass-through cost reconciliation (on programs where assigned as lead planner) within mandated timelines