The Communications department supports leaders at all levels of the institution to promote project and campaign efforts, inform key audiences, and protect and advance the client brand. The department provides a comprehensive range of communications services for all programmatic and administrative units and client-operated projects.
Their in-house expertise includes: strategy and message development; editorial support; design and creative services; media event planning; digital and video production; and social media.
The unit oversees all communications policies, guidelines, and processes in order to manage the Client brand, ensure production of the highest quality work, and effectively steward Client’s resources.
The Senior Associate, Digital (contractor) is a member of the Communications department and will report to the Senior Officer, Digital.
This position is part of a group that will help support the ongoing efforts of the digital team as well as assist with the migration and launch of an updated institutional website. This position is located in the Washington, DC office.
• Digital management: Assists with the daily workload of the digital production and strategy teams’ efforts as well as helping to manage key areas of our institutional website redesign project including content migration efforts and the contract associates assisting in that process.
• Digital production: builds web-pages and sections, formats content, edits copy, writes headlines, selects and crops photos, updates or reviews existing content Etc., all using the institution's content management system (CMS) Sitecore (V7, 8).
• Participates in strategic planning and assists with site support, maintenance, development and enhancements.
• Recognizes, employs and encourages best practices for digital content. Helps improve content for search engine optimization (SEO) where applicable and assists with quality assurance and control tasks as assigned.
• Oversees content development by working with the editorial team and performs project-management tasks while working with communications team members to deliver approved and finalized content. Participates in strategic planning for maximizing knowledge resources and assists with internal communications and internal coordination required for ongoing operations and the updated website.
• Contributes to and/over oversees special projects as assigned by the Senior Officer, Digital.