Located in Mt. Prospect
40 hours a week, full time, Contract to hire
No more than 5 years experience necessary
The Associate Brand Manager assists in the development and execution of brand strategies consistent with all aspects of the business, including new product development, financial management, business fundamentals, marketing planning, and tactical execution of plans.
- Assist in the development and execution of annual and long range marketing plans for the brand. Develop a deep understanding of the consumer, customer and market place insights and transform these insights in actions that drive brand and company growth.
- Lead brand and category analyses to deepen understanding of brand performance using Neilson database; translate analyses into implications and recommendations for brand plans.
- Lead the entire commercialization process of new items - both smaller line extensions and major new product platforms - and renovations to current products. Commercialize on time and on budget.
- Drive the creative process with the development of clear briefs delivered to agency partners. Assist in overseeing the development, review and execution of all brand creative.
- Develop and manage annual brand A&P budget. Assist in analyzing brand P&L to identlfy opportunities to grow brand margin and revenue, including pricing analysis.
- Collaborate with sales to create selling "stories" for new item launches, pricing strategies, and "fix the mix" initiatives
- Develop clear understanding of brand identity standards (standards, colors, logo, etc.), coordinate projects and communicate progress.
- Lead the cross functional team in day-to-day management of the product portfolio.
Education and Experience:
BA/BS required in Marketing or related field; MBA preferred.
At least 1-2 years in an Associate Brand Manager or Associate Product Manager position;
proven ability to contribute to the success of brands in a CPG market.
Experience with key decision tools (Nielsen, IRI, etc.).
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Strong ability to think strategically
Passionate about building brands
Strong analytical skills
Strong written and verbal communication abilities
Independent, self-motivated and excited about a start-up environment
Able to work through ambiguity
Must be able to travel up to 25%