Our client, a leading juvenile products manufacturer, is searching for an experienced product management professional who is passionate about bringing to life products that their consumers love. This is a 5-month temporary assignment with full-time hours and on site in Sorrento Valley area of San Diego.
As Senior Product Manager you will be charged with providing the direction for the development of new and existing infant product categories, and position products/lines to be relevant for their core consumer and considerate of the mass retail (both brick and mortar as well as dotcom). You will manage progress and provide guidance to the team that is responsible for executing your direction and will enjoy spending time in the marketplace to better understand the customer’s needs and competitive landscape. The ideal candidate will possess 10+ years of CPG product management experience with a solid track record of placement and sell-through at retail.
Specific Job Details
· Apply your category management and expertise to identify growth opportunities and deliver on category growth projections that support overall business objectives.
· Manage lifecycle and health of multiple product categories, focusing on SKU efficiency and position in the market place.
· Use both quantitative and qualitative data to:
o Inform your strategic category growth plans and align with leadership team share strategic insights and build realistic sales projections.
o Develop comprehensive bi-annual development direction with in-depth market rationale.
o Establishes strategic sell-in and commercialization strategy (sell-through).
· Works closely with Product Development and Sales to understand functional benefits of products and merchandising mandatories/challenges.
· Develops in-depth creative briefs and works closely with internal creative department to communicate strategy, articulate product/category communication hierarchy and clearly communicate guardrails to meet retail merchandising requirements. Ensures all creative output meets the requirements/strategy in brief.
· Supports creative team in presenting design strategies and ensuring market viability of creative executions and brand cohesiveness.
· Participate and add marketing value to key retail customer presentations and engage with category decision-makers to provide expertise on category developments and opportunities.
· Establish yourself as an expert of our business categories and our customer segments across all retail channels and in comparison with our competition.
ABOUT VITAMIN T
We have a simple philosophy at Vitamin T: to personally place the best creative talent in the best jobs for the best companies. When you work for Vitamin T, you qualify for medical, dental and vision insurance after working only four consecutive weeks maintaining an average of 20 hours per week.
If this job isn't the right fit for you, but you know someone who is, please pass this job posting on. We have a fantastic referral program that pays out in cash rewards! (http://aquent.com/rewards/)
Must have: CPG Product line experience including:
Experience managing CPG product line
Can analyze internal and external product performance data
Can analyze external category data to make recommendation for future development
Experience working with product management, R & D and operations from beginning through launch of new items (securing item numbers, understanding product costs and margin targets, etc.)