One of my clients is looking for a Manager of Technical Design & Production or a Traffic Manager. This would start ASAP and would be a temp to perm position (onsite).
- Working with printing vendors to make sure signage is printed and sized correctly
- Someone who has OOH experience from production side and experiential marketing (trade show signage)
- Liaison between the teams designers and printers
This is an exciting new position managing the technical design, and production life cycle of a wide variety of signage, graphics and branded projects. The Manager, Technical Design & Production will serve as the critical connection between the design team and the field operations team.
Job Responsibilities and Requirements:
- Maintain brand image in all creative executions while aligning with brand guidelines
- Operate in a high-energy, “can do” environment while displaying an ongoing understanding of roles, responsibilities, schedules, and deadlines
- Exceptional design sense with the ability to evaluate how substrates, structures and graphics interact with the consumer in three-dimensional built environments
- Detailed oriented with the ability to see the big picture; manage multiple projects with keen attention to the smallest production details
- Strong technical design skills, including an in-depth working knowledge of industry-standard print production methods, substrates, structures and specifically how all are utilized in an outdoor environment.
- High proficiency drawing in scale and familiarity with architectural construction documents, elevations, plans, and shop drawings
- Demonstrated experience coordinating with environmental graphics and signage design packages; with fabricators; experience with signage installation
- Excellent communication skills and experience as the main point of contact for vendors, and project teams
- Strong budget management, negotiating and estimating skills; with a focus to forming strong long-lasting vendor relationships and managing multiple deliverable pipelines with local and out-of-market vendors
- Manage, coordinate and ensure the on-time and orderly flow of all creative/production from job initiation to its final delivery and billing
- Ability to multitask while remaining efficient, poised, and organized
- Flexibility to work both collaboratively and independently on projects of all scales and types
- Collaborate with the creative team to manage a wide range of creative projects.
- A solid background in brand development, digital marketing, graphic and interactive design, and event/experiential marketing
- Proven leadership skills
- Translate marketing objectives into creative strategies
- Strong understanding of design/layout related to large format graphics
- Excellent time management, oral and written communication, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work quickly and efficiently, multi-task and prioritize many projects in a fast paced environment
- High degree of creativity with hands on design and production skills
- Highly collaborative and team player
- Exceptional portfolio demonstrating strong creative concepting
- Proficiency in the latest design software including Adobe Creative Suite and other CAD Tools
- Sketchup & Revit experience preferred, but not required.
- Extensive knowledge of Microsoft Office specifically Excel
- 5–7 years of experience in large format graphics production with a professional degree in Industrial Design, Graphic Design or a related field
- Experiential experience required
- BFA, BA in Architecture or equivalent