What We Are Seeking:
We are looking for a talented Senior UX/UI designer to design engaging experiences on their web and mobile platforms for travelers worldwide. You should be experienced with translating business and user goals into impactful and user-centric designs, which includes but not limited to wireframing, prototyping, user testing, and visual design. As a part of the design team, you will work closely with product managers, developers and other designers, as well as with brand, marketing, usability, copywriting and other product partners.
What You Will Do:
The Interactive Designer is responsible for overseeing the development, refinement and maintenance of visual & usability design related to all of their brand and brand touch points with users, partners and clients worldwide. This includes core website design, social features and functionality, mobile devices, and overall site look and feel.
The Interactive Designer will collaborate with decision makers in each of the company's skill sets - usability, engineering, brand, copywriting, and product managers - to help determine the level of effort needed, brainstorm concepts, and then assess the success of the solutions created by the Design Team.
- Ensure designs and interfaces communicate consistent, effective experiences and messages across a wide range of deliverables; ensure design across all mediums are in alignment with core site and branding strategy
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders and team members to brainstorm new products, features and functionality, and site experience enhancements; Partner closely with product and engineering to translate business and users’ goals into elegant but practical designs that can deliver on key business and user metrics
- Passion for our end users and sustaining their goals and needs throughout all mediums
- Create on-brand, highly effective site experience and features
- Keep raising the bar on in site engagement, SEO, ADA compliance and usability
- Help to create, maintain and enforce the Brand Book, templates, style guides, and toolkits as needed to provide guidelines on palette, typeface, imagery and logo usage for both internal and external usage
- At least 7 years’ of experience designing for web and mobile, within iOS and Android native platform guidelines
- Strong portfolio that demonstrates originality, innovation, problem-solving, and personal expression --- really looking for interactive design to increase revenue vs. just visual design
- You’ve shipped many consumer products over the years, and understand what it takes to create delightful, consumer-oriented experiences
- Managing multiple projects simultaneously, from concept to completion; exhibit flexibility and ability to create multiple concepts and embrace “speed wins” mentality
- Strong interpersonal skills; a team player, positive and innovative thinker
- Strong communication, organizational and problem-solving skills; You are an excellent communicator who has conviction to champion your point of view, but can also successfully collaborate with others
- Experience working as a creative at an agency a plus
- International/multi-language interactive experience a plus
- BFA in Graphic Design or related field in Information Design, Interaction Design, Human Factors