Position located in Milwaukee, WI. Client is quite open to considering candidates requiring relocation.
The Product Manager will develop a product portfolio that meets customer needs across client channels, national brands and client brands portfolio. This individual will develop product and pricing strategies for optimal revenue and margin growth and provide our sales team with industry, product, and selling expertise relative to those product categories. Additionally, this role will develop product portfolio for existing and new programs and initiatives.
Essential Job Functions and Responsibilities:
1. Work with Design and Renovation segment to develop comprehensive marketing plans for product categories leveraging the business units.
2. Implement marketing plan activities such as product representation in annual catalog and direct mail materials, promotional schedules, sales trainings, etc.
3. Build relationships and gain industry knowledge from our customers, vendors, internal partners and consultants.
4. Drive strategic growth within cross-functional work groups including sales, sourcing, vendors, creative and other teams.
5. Analyze sales performance, industry trends, market research and competition to develop overall pricing and product strategies as well as new product opportunities.
6. Provide product consultant team with training, program, and selling tools to drive growth.
1. Bachelor’s degree in marketing or business field
2. A minimum of 5 years of Marketing experience (some product management experience ideal)
3. Previous experience with marketing planning and development, financial analysis/budgeting, and ability to execute the plan(s)
4. Up to 20% travel to customers, vendors, and trade events
Additional Preferred Skills:
1. Market and opportunity segmentation and sizing, trend analysis, competitive analysis, and pricing analysis
2. Project planning skills and time management
3. Experience working with sales teams, achieving alignment and delivering meaningful programs and tools to manage and grow business
4. Demonstrated verbal and written communication skills, focused on internal and external customers, including executive level
5. Knowledge and experience with new product development and introduction processes
6. Demonstrated ability to spot trends in the market and create a plan to respond to them
7. Demonstrated ability to influence key stakeholders through persuasive communication
8. Experience in managing group dynamics efficiently and effectively
9. Knowledge and experience with new product development and go-to-market strategies
10. Master’s degree in business administration