Connecting you with the best creative freelance and contract-to-hire roles is our job. Let us help you find yours!
Jul 17, 2017
Temp To Perm
Agent: Terry D.
Job #: 120600
Vitamin T is currently seeking a Production Artist to work with our East Bay client. This position is contract-to-hire with a great company!
Duties and responsibilities to include but not limited to:
- Handle all production assignments using existing templates including: product packaging, marketing, collateral, website, online marketing, advertisements, sales tools and event graphics.
- Mockup packages as necessary.
- Work on monthly e-blasts and newsletters using templates.
- Handle all daily design requests: image & logo requests, image formatting, uploads & downloads, proofing.
- Provide updates to their website. Work with Marketing, external web programmers and e-com partners.
- Make image touchups and do image research as necessary.
- Assist Graphic Designer with all production projects especially production edit phase of project.
- Multi-task and handle multiple projects at once with ease and grace. Shift priorities as needed.
- Communicate and collaborate with multiple departments to attain feedback and direction.
- Meet deadlines and tight timelines for all projects. Maintains production flow by staying on schedule. Keep track of schedule to ensure the production flow is maintained.
- Improve production workflow process and procedures on projects
- Works under direction of Graphic Designer and Chief Brand Officer (CBO) on all projects, meeting Brand Style Guide and messaging hierarchies.
- Study other tea companies and the general organic, natural category to understand the marketplace.
- Maintain organized files and cleanup of unnecessary files on a consistent and regular basis.
- Brainstorm product, packaging and campaign ideas with Design, Sales and Marketing teams.
- Keen attention to detail. Must pick up on all edits in production phase of project and ensure streamlined approach to projects.
- Understand client's positioning, target markets, and target demographics.
- Graphic Design degree
- Fluency in verbal and written English.
- 2+ years professional Graphic Production experience and agency experience.
- Attention to Detail
- High level proficiency with Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Dreamweaver and WordPress
- Intermediate level of knowledge of layout, type, and color and able to take instructions from CBO/Design
- Manager with minimal direction; Completes layouts with little or no supervision. Ability to work with templates and creative briefs.
- Experience in drafting professional documents in MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Experience working successfully with a team.
- Accepts feedback and direction with professionalism, and meets challenges with creativity and aplomb.
- Basic Project Management skills
- Strong proofreading skills; Basic copywriting skills for collateral, packaging and ad copy
- Quick turnaround of production projects coming up with better techniques and efficiencies.
- Ability to work efficiently, meet deadlines and juggle multiple projects in a fast-paced work environment.
- Current digital portfolio required.
- Experience in sourcing material, obtaining quotes, and maintaining vendor relationships a plus.
- KEY PERSONAL AND PROFESSIONAL CHARACTERISTICS
- The ideal candidate:
- Possesses an acute attention to detail and has strong organization skills.
- Has the ability to take and follow direction easily and work collaboratively with multiple team stakeholders.
- An individual who is a good listener and excellent communicator.
- Takes initiative and has a do-it- yourself, results-oriented attitude. Tackles problems and takes independent action, seeks out new responsibilities, acts on opportunities, generates new ideas and practices self-development.
- Works well in a fluid environment, adapts to change, is open to new ideas, takes on new responsibilities,
- handles pressure, and adjusts plans to meet changing needs.
- Has a proven track record managing multiple, simultaneous, high priority tasks with deadlines.
- Has a strong work ethic, has strong focus and follow-through and will do what it takes to get the job done.
- Has the ability to problem solve with solutions oriented approach. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Has an ease in handling stress and multiple projects thrown their way.
- Knows office PC platform computers and applications, including MS Word, MS Excel, MS Outlook, and
- Power Point. High-level knowledge of Photoshop, In-Design, Illustrator, Dreamweaver, & WordPress.
Want more details about this and other Oakland opportunities? Meet Terry Dyer!