Connecting you with the best creative freelance and contract-to-hire roles is our job. Let us help you find yours!
Direct Mail Print ProducerApply
Jul 14, 2017
Chicago - River North
Agent: Ilana B.
Job #: 120539
Vitamin T is working with a Global agency looking for a Print Producer with extensive experience in Direct Mail. This position responsible for controlling the flow and quality of all print assignments. Experienced in print industry methods, innovative and able to guide a team in the direct space. Ability to negotiate and purchase all pre press-related material s and printing, managing data lists, versions, postal standards and regulations.. Works/collaborates as a Print Production Team: Print Producer, Traffic Manager, and Art Buyer, to achieve best thinking and open communication in every assignment.
• Recommends appropriate pre-production and production methods and evaluates/manages projects in the direct space..
• Possesses the skill and experience to source, review & assess outside vendor resources (printers, pre-press houses) and technology.
• Attend agency team Meeting to review concepts.
• Attends scheduled Production Planning Meetings (if Traffic not applicable to account Producer to schedule & lead prior to production) with agency team to discuss project specifics such as: timing, sizes, material due date and key deliverables. Advises agency team on feasibility of design and provides thoughts/solutions for successful implementation
• Collaborates with Traffic on schedules needed to complete project. Estimates costs from in-house (Retoucher) and outside vendor costs. Responsible for maintaining on-line department Status Report weekly.
• Competitively bids and negotiates each project need per IPG/Client and Department requirements. (Estimating )
• Works with cost consultants as Client business requires.
• Leads efforts and communicates direction to internal Print Studio team (Studio kickoff Meeting) and outside vendors, in terms of direction, expectations, timing and quality.
• Follows production schedule and issues P.O. upon awarding project.
• Reviews hi-res keylines & hi-res proofs with agency team to evaluate color and content.
• QC's final retouching/mechanical before work is transmitted or downloaded to cd for production of hi-res proof. Attends press checks, as necessary.
• Works with production contacts at publications and print vendors when questions arise regarding specifications, densities, test proofing’s, reproduction quality. Will arrange test print runs when time allows. Negotiates make goods (in conjunction with Media) - if necessary.
• Holds vendors accountable for high quality.
• Actualizes and signs off on vendor invoices immediately upon receipt. Communicates with Traffic Manager and Account Management when knowledge of any overages may occur. Does not proceed with work until Account Management is aware and approves overages.
• Possesses general knowledge of software programs (InDesign, Quark, Photoshop, Illustrator)
• Participate in industry conferences when able and budgets allow. Also maintain contact with other industry professionals to stay
• Up to date with trends and technology.
• Maintains productive relationship and clear communication between all departments in agency. Implements and enforces agency and department systems and procedures.
• Informs Director of Print Production regarding projects that have unusual circumstances, overages, or issues that can result in delay or success of assignment.
• Strong agency direct producer background – managing assignment to delivery.
• Possesses understanding of print terminology, and producer role with an advertising agency. Strong attention to detail.
• Solid judge of color and reproduction based on project type.
• Demonstrates the ability to build productive relationships.
• Exhibits familiarity with desktop environment, i.e., size of files, formats, logos and fonts.
• Knowledge of general advertising production (OOH, magazine, newspaper, printing) - based on position discipline. 4+ years in Print Production
Want more details about this and other Chicago - River North opportunities? Meet Ilana Black!