Connecting you with the best creative freelance and contract-to-hire roles is our job. Let us help you find yours!
Jul 13, 2017
Temp To Perm
Agent: Ryan W.
Job #: 120500
Our client is in need of a proposal writer. You would be working with the Creative Services Team and would be a part of a great company. This role is the heart of the team and would require a skill-set of strategic marketing and writing. You would be a story teller for the entire organization. You would collaborate with various departments around the company. You must be detail oriented and able to create award winning proposals.
They are looking for someone that has 3-5 years of proposal writing experience and someone that can drive the Creative Services Team.
Job Description & Responsibilities
- Writes and edits, on deadline, a compelling, accurate story for a given opportunity. Specifically, Request for Proposals, Marketing Brochures and Collateral, Stewardship Reports, Renewal Strategies, and other reporting documents
- Coordinates all aspects of proposal development for strategic and high-value sales opportunities and ensures flow, through a defined process, at optimal speed
- Responsible for all daily proposal management activities, including development of work plans, schedules, meetings, reporting, deadlines, and milestones
- Drive the proposal throughout the life-cycle by working closely with Sales Team, Service Teams, and Company Executives to collect, write, edit, and facilitate development of written components of a proposal
- Commands presence to ensure proposal teams remain calm and focused during stressful time constraints
- Collaborates with other Proposal Writer on select assignments
- Proofreads all documents for correct spelling, grammar, and brand style
- Communicates succinctly with graphic designers when transitioning writing assignments to the design phase
- Completes daily projects assigned in Word, PowerPoint, and InDesign (InDesign is a big deal you should be very proficient and able to lightly design simple projects from scratch.)
- Strategizes with the Creative Services Project Coordinator on every assignment
- Receives requests for revisions and incorporates proposal updates as needed
- Applies proposal process, methodology and best practices
- Facilitates the printing of proposals with quality and efficiency
- Document formatting and clean-up as needed
- 3-5 years experience in Marketing Communications, Project Management or Proposal Development required
- Mastery of Microsoft Word and PowerPoint required
- Proficiency with Adobe InDesign required
- Proficiency with Adobe Acrobat Pro required
- Strong keyboarding and computer skills using PC Windows based applications
- Thorough and detail-oriented, organized, with excellent time management skills Ability to work on multiple projects, of varied length, and deadline constraints
- Works independently, as well as part of a fast-paced team
- Ability to collaborate with both on-site and remote teams
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Associates Degree necessary, Bachelor degree preferred
If you feel you are a good fit, please email me your resume and online portfolio! firstname.lastname@example.org
Want more details about this and other Houston, TX opportunities? Meet Ryan West!