Connecting you with the best creative freelance and contract-to-hire roles is our job. Let us help you find yours!
Jul 13, 2017
Agent: Chrissy A.
Job #: 120493
Production Artist needed for a one-year contract. Weekly pay and benefits offered during the contract. Must be able to work onsite in Plano.
- Monday - Friday, 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
- 40 hours per week
We're seeing a Production Designer with a keen eye for emerging design trends and extreme attention to detail. The candidate must be well versed in industry standards of print design. You will work independently and as part of a larger team to source images, ensure designs are print-ready, create new designs based on existing brand guidelines, and occasionally have the opportunity to design new print pieces.
We are looking for a candidate who is detail-oriented, and embraces new design trends, while also being able to work within the confines existing brands and guidelines. Though this person will be mostly focused on the production portion of the project, they should understand the fundamentals of good design (i.e.: color palette, balance, etc).
The ideal candidate should be detail-oriented, self-motivated, highly organized, and able to work in a team environment. Applicants should have at least 2 years experience with a design agency or production team. This position requires you to have excellent design skills, be able to communicate ideas and persuade others to see your vision. It will be imperative that you enjoy collaboration will other designer personalities.
Job responsibilities include:
- File output knowledge and prepress methods
- Good understanding of color spaces, such as RGB, CMYK, Spot/Pantone
- Clean file organization and folder hierarchy methodology
- Responsible for checking visual continuity of translations for marketing communications
- Exceptional typography and layout skills -- grids, kerning, tracking, leading, etc.
- Keep projects on track while also ensuring quality at a granular level
- Able and willing to produce design revisions and to assist on projects
- Work on multiple tasks and manage priorities
- Make recommendations for scalable solutions for short and long term problems
- Work closely with the team and others to adjust design based on feedback.
- 2 years of on the job experience with examples
- Preferred experience in creative agency, or production team
- Expert in Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator)
- Experience using PowerPoint or Keynote
- General understanding of business partners and their value in the design process
Want more details about this and other Plano, TX opportunities? Meet Chrissy Andrews!