Connecting you with the best creative freelance and contract-to-hire roles is our job. Let us help you find yours!
Jul 11, 2017
Temp To Perm
Agent: Chrissy A.
Job #: 120379
We have an ASAP need for a Jr Copywriter. 6 - 8 week assignment in Addison, TX.
Our ideal candidate will have experience in advertising or marketing with knowledge of both digital and print production. The candidate will have a thorough working knowledge of MS Office applications, and InDesign experience is a plus.
We’re looking for a copywriter with a creative mind and a Swiss army knife’s skillset. In other words, someone who can master a little bit of everything, from collaborating on concepts to writing engaging copy for both internal and external audiences. As our new copywriter, you’ll work with multiple departments under tight deadlines on a variety of cross-channel initiatives, including print, digital, social, sales, packaging and events.
- Develop clear, concise, and brand compliant messaging for a variety of materials that support key marketing initiatives and inspire action.
- Produce highly responsive messaging with compelling calls-to-action.
- Collaborate with internal teams to understand business objectives, message, and audience.
- Condense large amounts of information into succinct consumer-friendly communications.
- Write customer-centric copy that uses the appropriate voice.
- Work closely with colleagues in design and marketing, as well as external vendors, as needed.
- Exercise quality control on all copy, obtaining approvals, fact-checking, and extremely thorough editing/proofreading of product copy and disclaimers.
- Ensure all marketing communications maintain a high level of quality, feature a consistent tone and style, and support/reinforce our brand.
- Stay on top of current industry best practices and identify and implement strategies to increase readership.
- Excellent interviewing, research, and technical writing skills with an eye for detail and thorough knowledge of AP Style and grammar.
- Strong understanding of the importance of branding and of fostering a consistent, compelling voice for a product or service.
- BA/BS Degree in English, Journalism, Communications, Advertising, Marketing, Direct Response, or Promotion preferred or equivalent work experience.
- Experience in and/or familiarity with network marketing.
- Writing experience in an agency or comparable setting with a portfolio that demonstrates experience with a variety of formats and audiences and strong conceptual abilities, out-of-the-box thinking, and exceptional writing skills.
- Ability to work successfully and happily in a fast-paced environment with ever-changing priorities.
- Proficient with all MS Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), WordPress, and other blog formats. InDesign experience a plus.
- Must possess a solid command of concept development and copywriting in both the digital space and traditional media.
- Self-starter with initiative and drive to produce industry-leading work.
- Big-picture conceptual thinker that also possesses an eye for detail and commitment to quality.
Want more details about this and other Addison, TX opportunities? Meet Chrissy Andrews!