Connecting you with the best creative freelance and contract-to-hire roles is our job. Let us help you find yours!
Senior Visual Graphic Designer - Start - up ExperienceApply
Jun 29, 2017
San Diego, CA
Temp To Perm
Agent: Quinn S.
Job #: 120011
Our client, a San Diego-based start-up in the insurance/technology sector, seeks a Sr. Digital/Visual Graphic Designer, a talented individual contributor with the ability to lead by example and inspire your cross-disciplinary peers. You are a conceptually-driven, strategically-minded graphic and UX designer with strong experience in web design, as well as the consumer-facing digital experience.
- Must have Experience in, and understanding of, a start-up environment in its early stages - must demonstrate this in screening and interviews
You will be part of a lean, agile team that creates and executes designs that span a variety of touchpoints, helping to create experiences that are new to insurance. You’ll work with a highly capable lead UX designer, engineers, product marketing and marketing leadership to invent and iterate on product experiences that start and end with the customer. You will be expected to create and innovate. We are inventing and building real things for the new digital insurance experience. This must excite you. You must be a builder and extremely comfortable rolling up your sleeves to bring this work to life.
• The best candidate will have solid experience with both graphic design and website management
• Manage company's corporate website property and lead day-to-day site management to support the company’s business objectives, including supporting online acquisition via banner ads, landing pages and lead magnets
• Create the wireframes, site maps, mock ups and design files required for company and clients – including website design, (some) UX design, collateral design and additional assets
• Handle design needs of Sales and Marketing
• Participate in the project from initial sketch phase, development, through to finished customer-facing execution.
• Work with technologists to come up with solutions that serve the design vision and fit with the technology constraints.
• Collaborate with internal & external resources to rapidly iterate design and technology prototypes.
• Evaluates designs quickly and creates original high-quality work.
• Solid understanding of usability, UX, UI, and graphic design. Strong focus on visual design.
• Understands platform requirements. Able to wireframe and provide visual mockups.
• Uses experience, research, and analysis to solve UX design problems by providing multiple usable options as necessary, including both portrait and landscape UI for cross-platform design.
• Adapt creative styles as needed while maintaining creative, technical, and brand standards
• Interface with key internal client and project stakeholders to ensure the user experience reflects customer needs and consistency.
• Possess excellent understanding of style guidelines, design processes, and creative workflow.
About Vitamin T
We have a simple philosophy at Vitamin T: to personally place the best creative talent in the best jobs for the best companies. When you work for Vitamin T, you qualify for medical, dental and vision insurance after working only four consecutive weeks maintaining an average of 20 hours per week. If this job isn't the right fit for you, but you know someone who is, please pass this job posting on. We have a fantastic referral program that pays out in cash rewards! (http://aquent.com/rewards/)
About our Client
Our client develops technology to make life better for insurance carriers, distrbutors, producers, agents, and other industry pros while helping them accelerate their sales.
Their senior staff has 100 years of insurance experience. Their developers are full-stack developers and insurance specialists. And their design team spent years making taxes easy for the masses at TurboTax. Their applications are intuitive, easy to use and, dare we say, beautiful. This company helps insurance carriers and distributors boost sales and simplify processes.
• Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of 7/8+ years of design experience.
• Experience working in a multidisciplinary environment to build customer experiences from the ground up.
• Expert level skills with Adobe Creative Suite, InVision and other critical design applications.
• Significant experience with WordPress and other website design applications
• Proven ability to take work from concept to delivery.
• Excellent written and verbal communication for team skills.
• Passion for innovation in general
• Solid conceptual and technical skills across a diverse range of customer-centered projects.
• You are sensitive to the way a brand unfolds across design tactics. You’re able to see opportunities to create meaning and context to support customers during that journey.
• You have an appreciation of what “brand-right” can and should mean.
• You are scrappy, agile and full of initiative. You regularly push your comfort zone to stretch and improve yourself and the work.
• You love to dive into unknown territory and help invent simple, elegant solutions to complex design problems, often with no clear precedent in today’s world.
• You are highly collaborative, with a proven track record for working within a diverse team to bring ideas to life.
• You are excited by working with others who may have profoundly different experiences and perspectives. You believe that your best work happens when it’s richly influenced by the smart people around you.
• You are passionate about helping to define and develop new experiences that will change the insurance experience.
Want more details about this and other San Diego, CA opportunities? Meet Quinn Sidon!