We’re looking for a fantastic instructional designer for one of our larger companies in the Cambridge area! Our client is a web platform that businesses use to create apps that make them more efficient, informed and productive. This company’s training team is hiring a contract Instructional Designer to design and develop instructional material and assessments to support our client training resources and new certification program. You’ll get to help this team create materials from scratch that support and enable long term customer success.
The ideal candidate will:
· Demonstrate solid skills in the use of standard authoring tools (including Adobe Captivate, Camtasia) to design and develop dynamic and engaging web based learning and assessments.
· Utilize effective needs analysis, project management, course development and evaluation skills.
· Independently develop entry and advanced level courses for external customer audience.
· Work cross functionally with key subject matter experts to determine the needs and method of delivery.
· Be metric oriented with a lens on measuring content effectiveness.
· Software training experience preferred
· Experience developing assessments for online training and certification
· Strong technical communication and writing
· Proven track record applying instructional design concepts and principles
· Course development experience leveraging multimedia including web based animation, audio and video
· Ability to understand and communicate complex concepts quickly and accurately
· High attention to detail
· Ability to prioritize, schedule and meet deadlines
· Ability to quickly learn company technology
· Experience developing and supporting certification programs a plus
· Bachelor's Degree in Education, Instructional Design/related subject. Work experience strongly considered.\
· Three years of Captivate and instructional design and/or technical writing experience.
· Quick Base, SaaS platform and/or relational database experience a plus
· Experience with Adobe Captivate and Camtasia a plus
· Project management tools
· Learning management platforms
ABOUT THIS CONTRACT:
40 hours per week, flexible schedule on-site in Cambridge. Easily accessible for T or driving.
Contract is 4-6 months