Connecting you with the best creative freelance and contract-to-hire roles is our job. Let us help you find yours!
Jun 08, 2017
Agent: Theresa R.
Job #: 119104
Vitamin T is assisting a fin-tech company in their search for a Copywriter to join their small but mighty Creative Department. This is a fast-growing startup located in Soho that has recently launched some innovative and exciting new products and they need a copywriter who can create a distinct voice for the products and for the brand.
A key responsibility of this role is to develop the brand voice and copy style for the company and to provide guidelines across the organization on how to follow the proper tone/voice/personality to create on-brand collateral.
Ideally, looking for a copywriter who is coming from an ad agency or an in-house creative department. You will develop copy for cross-channel and/or direct-marketing initiatives across a variety of media, both online and print.
You will report to the in-house Creative Director but will work closely with the Marketing, UX, and Product Management teams.
- Develop/articulate and maintain brand voice guidelines and copy style-guides to ensure consistency across all brand touch points.
- Collaborate with design to ensure the big ideas behind the brand are clear in both visuals and copy.
- Own and edit all site copy, including copy for and in response to user testing.
- Collaborate with the marketing team across a variety of channels: email and subject line testing, Facebook ads, display ads, social campaigns, branded events, milestones, and contests, print collateral and targeted content.
- Develop concepts and copy for brand collateral and print and outdoor campaigns.
- Work collaboratively with the product team to ensure the brand voice is maintained across the application.
- A minimum of 5 years in brand copywriting
- Energy, creativity, and an open mind
- The ability to balance an understanding of financial services with a desire to shake things up amidst a very traditional industry.
- Strong communication skills – you’re straightforward, you’re candid and, above all, you’re thoughtful and kind.
- Bachelor’s degree
Want more details about this and other NYC opportunities? Meet Theresa Reilly!