Connecting you with the best creative freelance and contract-to-hire roles is our job. Let us help you find yours!
2D Art DirectorApply
May 12, 2017
Agent: Sharam K.
Job #: 117888
GREAT NEW gaming roles! If you are interested in getting into one of Austin/LA premier studios?? Reach out and let's discuss your background, your goals and this position. We are actively looking for an Art Director to work with the creative team to inspire and lead the visual direction of 2D productions. As a well known fantastic studio these guys put out stellar work and have a fun, creative environment and surrounds the team with a great culture and fun perks. Its like many other with unlimited PTO, pet friendly office, great opportunity for growth, flex dress code/hours and 100% paid health/dental benefits.
But what you really want to know is they, as a studio, have a great reputation for the place you want to work, put out good work and push the boundaries.
What you'll be doing:
- Be current on industry trends and technologies to provide insight into current workflows
- Review, provide artistic direction, mentor, and give constructive feedback to other artists in order to improve both their aesthetic and technical performance
- Responsible for the quality of art and design across assigned shows, directing other contributors and leading by example
- Work closely with the show’s Director to create the overall aesthetic of a production as well as the details of the show’s assets
- Work closely with the internal creative production teams to help guide the logistics of the Pre-Production department
- Establish guidelines with the Director to maintain art style and quality throughout projects, creating style guides for productions and updating them as needed
- Generate, as well as guide members of your team in the generation of, initial concepts for characters, environments, and other production assets
- Oversee the delivery of tasks and approvals for multiple art disciplines (Concept/Turnaround/Background/Modeling), providing detailed feedback to the multiple parties (including contract artists) as contextualized within the frame of each production’s “big picture”
- Must be willing to relocate to Austin, TX
- Bachelor's degree from a four year college or university in Art, Illustration
- 2+ years of production experience as an Art Director
- 5+ years of production experience in a creative leadership role
- Experience managing a team of artists
- Strong interpersonal skills, a positive attitude, and the ability to thrive in a collaborative environment with multidisciplinary teams
- Highly proficient in fine art, 2D illustration, and animation fundamentals; able to guide, if not produce, art for characters, vehicles, and environments
Want more details about this and other Austin, TX opportunities? Meet Sharam Khosravipour!