Connecting you with the best creative freelance and contract-to-hire roles is our job. Let us help you find yours!
Apr 18, 2017
Agent: Monica B.
Job #: 116832
Our client, a small interactive agency in Conshohocken, PA, is seeking an experienced WordPress Developer who will be responsible for the creation of websites, emails and landing pages. The ideal candidate will be team oriented and highly driven by quality of work (ultimately helping to motivate the entire agency in increasing digital prowess). In addition, all work should be clean / modern with animated functionality / movement and showcase your SOLID design and development skills.
The types of things this client wants to know when talking to potential candidates include:
- What’s your workflow like from start to finish? How do you ensure you are clear on both user and administrator requirements?
- What UI, Security, Performance, SEO, Maintainability or Technology considerations do you make while building a web application or site?
- Do you start with a framework or from scratch or both?
- What are some of your favorite plugins?
- SOLID, in-depth solid of WordPress development
- Ability to build out the CMS portion of Wordpress sites
- Working knowledge of W3C standards
- Fluent in responsive design principles
- Comfortable in both waterfall and agile project environments
Responsibilities & Expectations
- Development of small to medium sized websites using WordPress -- must be able to build themes from scratch!
- Development of html emails and landing pages
- Responsible for integrity of above assets from debugging to cross device and browser optimization.
- Collaborates with UX designers and project managers to complete feature requirements and improve usability.
- Collaborates with outside development resources on larger scale website projects.
- Strong understanding of cloud architecture and administration.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including technical writing skills.
- Responsible for ongoing personal professional development as trends and best practices evolve for named responsibilities.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Computer Science or a related degree preferred
- 3+ years experience; Ideal candidate would have 5-7 years experience
Want more details about this and other Conshohocken, PA opportunities? Meet Monica Brantz!