Connecting you with the best creative freelance and contract-to-hire roles is our job. Let us help you find yours!
Feb 14, 2017
Temp To Perm
Agent: Alyssa O.
Job #: 114113
Our client, a well-known organization in the Northern VA area, is looking to hire a Lead UX/Interaction Designer. The Lead will be hired as part of the User Experience Practice, a leveraged horizontal team that is part of the digital solutions group within the Emerging Technologies Practice (ETP). ETP provides thought leadership and standardized methodologies for IP products, Data Analytics, Cloud, IoT, and Cybersecurity.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
- The Lead will be responsible for interaction design efforts for web-based applications. and will work to develop strategies and specifications to improve the performance, usability and effectiveness of user interfaces. The Lead will oversee and manage at least one UX team member.
- Utilizing a User Centered Design approach, the UX Lead will synthesize information gathered from user groups, client meetings, team collaboration, best practices, and heuristic and competitive analyses to develop personas, site maps, user interface diagrams, and interactive wireframes to illustrate the layout, flow and organization of web enabled applications. In addition, the UX Lead will facilitate usability testing and help determine how best to integrate these findings into the user interface.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• 10+ years experience with interaction design, ideally focused on web based applications
• Expert knowledge of Axure and other UX design tools such as Sketch and InVision
• Experience in User Research, particularly: usability testing, persona definition, and journey mapping
• Ideal candidate is a self-directed learner and a strong leader
Want more details about this and other Fairfax, VA opportunities? Meet Alyssa O'Keefe!