Connecting you with the best creative freelance and contract-to-hire roles is our job. Let us help you find yours!
Feb 06, 2017
Agent: Tim G.
Job #: 113737
Our Client Digital team is a diverse group of designers, developers, researchers, and strategists within the Strategic Innovation Group (SIG). We transform complex and cumbersome systems into elegant services for our clients using technology and design. Our service designers are business savvy and design smart. They work collaboratively with clients and interdisciplinary teams to define and test new service offerings. With a toolkit of human-centered design techniques, shape the development of new service concepts from idea to implementation. Service Designers have a range of responsibilities, from overseeing design deliverable quality, leading teams, communicating to clients, and managing projects. They are positive people with a passion for shaping the near future for our mission-driven clients. You may provide direction to junior level employees.
As a Service Designer in Digital Interactive, you will leverage your experience communicating and envisioning service concepts across a variety of platforms on client-facing projects. In this hands-on role you be responsible for the delivery of projects in industries ranging from healthcare, finance, and a variety of public sector clients. Whether creating journey maps to identify points of improvement or designing a system to measure customer experience, you will inspire the design vision on your team, leading workshops and meetings, and driving the project’s focus to balance business and user needs. Your solid understanding of generative and evaluative user research will allow you to easily weave multiple stakeholders into your project plan. Our Service Designers have empathy for end-users as well as clients – they want to know what makes people tick. You can expect to define project scope and work with the Program Manager to proactively respond to rapidly changing environments. You’ll enjoy applying a mix of left and right-brain thinking to guide the production of high-quality deliverables, including progress reports, journey maps, service blueprints, interactive prototypes. You’ll leverage expertise from Our Client Digital, including data scientists, UX/UI designers, and illustrators, to enable the team to look at the problem from different points of view, translating human-centered insights into solutions to better people's lives.
Our Client has been at the forefront of strategy and technology for more than 100 years. Today, the firm provides management and technology consulting and engineering services to leading Fortune 500 corporations, governments, and not-for-profits across the globe. Our Client partners with public and private sector clients to solve their most difficult challenges through a combination of consulting, analytics, mission operations, technology, systems delivery, cybersecurity, engineering and innovation expertise.
- 5+ years of experience with user experience, service design, design thinking, design research, business design, or customer experience
- 3+ years of experience in working with digital technologies, including mobile, web, and apps and prototyping tools
- Experience with client negotiation and setting expectations against real world limitations
- Ability to be inspiring, open minded, hardworking, collaborative, and thoughtful
- Ability to obtain a security clearance
- BA or BS degree in Design, Anthropology, Sociology, Business, or a related field preferred
- Experience in a consulting, facilitation, or training environment a plus
- Experience with communicating visually using tools including AutoCAD, Adobe InDesign, Photoshop, or Illustrator a plus
- Experience with business modeling, research and analytics, and development a plus
- MA or MS degree in Design, Design Planning, Social Sciences, Business, or a related field a plus
Many of our clients require a basic level clearance. Applicants selected may undergo a security investigation and would need to meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
Want more details about this and other McLean, Virginia opportunities? Meet Tim Gilligan!