Connecting you with the best creative freelance and contract-to-hire roles is our job. Let us help you find yours!
Jan 06, 2017
Agent: Rob Y.
Job #: 112532
AQUENT is partnering with one of our COOLEST Clients to help them add a new Scrum Master to their team! This person will be working at their newest location in McLean near Tyson’s.
Be delivery focused. Lead team on continuous and quality delivery.
- Deliver products using the appropriate agile methodology, learning & iterating frequently
- Effectively work with the product owner and program team to Execute on product roadmap and Plan and execute monthly releases
- Lead the collaborative, dynamic planning process
- Work with the product owner to ensure all products are built to an appropriate level of quality
- Proactively identifies impediments and effectively escalates/resolves using network of peers and other channels
- Demonstrates ability to balance data with other factors when making decisions
- Introduces new and advanced practices to improve the team
- Demonstrates strong communication, collaboration, and organization skills
Scrum Master Base Requirements
Support the product development process:
•Facilitate project planning, daily stand-up meetings, reviews, retrospectives, sprint and release planning, demos, and other activities as needed
•Track and communicate team velocity and sprint/release progress
•Maintain process documentation
•Ensure the development teams are practicing the Agile principles
Support the Product Owner:
•Assist as needed with backlog maintenance
•Assist with internal and external communication, improving transparency, and radiating information
•Assist with prioritization and resolution of defects/bugs
Support the product team:
•Participate proactively in developing and maintaining team standards, tools, and best practices
•Identify and remove impediments, prevent distractions
•Facilitate discussion and conflict resolution
•Empower the team to self-organize
•Bachelor's degree or combination of relevant education and experience
•Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to work with diverse personality types
•Ability to understand technical issues at a high level
•A thorough understanding of Agile software development methodologies, values, and procedures
•Exceptional communication, organization, and time management skills
•Ability to coach the team to reach their highest potential
•Collaborative approach to driving decisions
•Strong analytical and problem solving skills with a high attention to detail
•Must be a Certified ScrumMaster with 2-4 years of project management experience and 1-2 years of ScrumMaster experience
-Someone that can take initiative, lead the team and propel the team forward.
-1 year, possible extension and or conversion based on performance.
Want more details about this and other McLean, VA opportunities? Meet Rob Young!