Connecting you with the best creative freelance and contract-to-hire roles is our job. Let us help you find yours!
Digital Product ManagerApply
Dec 15, 2016
Agent: Rob Y.
Job #: 111990
AQUENT is partnering with one of our COOLEST clients to help them bring on a Digital Product Manager for their Mobile Team in Vienna, VA.
At this client, they’re building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, the company is on a mission to help their customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to the industry. They measure their efforts by the success their customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. This client is succeeding because their customers are succeeding.
Guided by hared values, they thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. They believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. They elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. They serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams.
If you have the drive for building amazing digital products that impact the lives of millions daily, we want you!
As part of the mobile organization at this client, you'll be responsible for driving radical change while managing current performance of our flagship mobile experience. To fit in, you have to be jazzed about delivering amazingly simple experiences that make life easier for our customers. You’ll also need to be equally comfortable talking to techies in our sprint teams as you are communicating with our analytically minded, stuffy business people (One day, we’ll get them in jeans too… :-)
We are looking for highly motivated individuals who enjoy the challenge of improving our customer experience and taking it to the next level.
Things that might tip us off you’re NOT the right person for this position:
• You think Square is just a geometric shape
• Rasberry Pi looks misspelled
• You have an aversion to denim
• A mobile wallet is your money running away from you
• Thinking about your money gives you hives
In this role you will:
• Lead a highly dynamic and multi-disciplinary team to develop and enhance mobile products on a day to day basis. You will translate business strategies into products that delight our customers and position our company for substantial growth and disruption. You are a dynamic product owner familiar with Agile methodology who will rally the team and work in a highly collaborative environment.
• Collaborate with internal partners. You will be exceptional at developing and nurturing relationships with key internal stakeholders in support of the company’s lines of business.
The successful candidate will be able to understand customer expectations; industry best practices; current gaps & technical constraints; participate in developing the roadmap; drive requirements and ultimately partner with Delivery, Operations, Enterprise teams and third party vendors to deliver the optimal customer experience. The Product Manager will be responsible for communicating within the cross-functional team and on behalf of the team to stakeholders and executives.
- Bachelor’s Degree or military experience
- At least 3 years experience translating business strategy and analysis into consumer products
- At least 3 years digital industry experience for consumers
- At least 1 year Agile product management experience
- At least 1 year experience with native mobile applications
- 1-3 years experience as product owner in mobile applications with understanding of the mobile user experience
- 1-3 years experience with web and client-side mobile platforms
- 1-3 years experience as a Mobile Consumer Product Owner in an Agile development process
-Ideal candidate will have experience with consumer facing applications
-At least 2 years of experience working on native mobile apps either android or ios
-Should be comfortable working with development teams
-Familiarity with agile
-Experience writing stories
-Receiving customer feedback and converting into features
-Someone that has experience with product consumer facing. Does not want someone that has not interacted with the public
-Does not need to be a developer, but does understands the environment.
-Experience with agile tracking software (Jira)
-Will be working with individual pods; 4 developers. 2 testers. 1 designer and product reps.
-Must be a team player and used to working in a team environment. Someone that come from a team culture.
-Interviews: phone or skype call for initial interview
Collapse section Custom Fields Custom Fields
Want more details about this and other Vienna, VA opportunities? Meet Rob Young!