Connecting you with the best creative freelance and contract-to-hire roles is our job. Let us help you find yours!
Sr. Graphic DesignerApply
Nov 28, 2016
Temp To Perm
Agent: Lola S.
Job #: 111338
We are looking for a stellar senior designer/ art director to join a creative team! This role is with a top, award winning branding and design agency. In this role, you will conceptualize, design and produce identity, print and digital projects from project initiation to completion. You will also manage your own clients/projects as well as attend key client presentations and collaborate with a Partner in presenting the work.
This agency has been featured in Bostinno.com, HOW Design Annual, Dwell Magazine, The Boston Globe and more. Their clients tend to be in exclusive side of the restaurant/hospitality industry and that have some of the best branded work in the country!
In this position, you will have the opportunity to present and work directly with our clients and will have a respected voice in the studio. This is a collaborative open environment where all ideas are valid and the creative bar is high.
• Design, implement, layout and produce concepts to ensure consistency, quality and attention-to detail.
• Review and discuss concepts with Principals for approval, collaboration and feedback
• Attend and actively participate in most client presentation meetings and support Principals in presenting and promoting concepts
• Review and discuss client-provided materials to establish design criteria, and understand client’s business and competitive environment
• Provide input to Producer in the creation and maintenance of project schedules.
• Meet design and production-related deadlines and provide timely alerts to Producer on scope creep and if deadlines cannot be met for any reason or if extension is required.
• Brief and update Producer and team leaders on project meetings, discussions, schedules and project status.
• Expedite and troubleshoot (in collaboration with Producer) all project-related issues needing immediate attention; alert Producer if additional fees may be incurred to notify client.
• Manage design projects efficiently and effectively and direct junior designers as needed to support specific projects.
• Assist with selection and art direction of out-ofhouse creative professionals (illustrators, photographers, designers, web programmers, producers, copywriters etc.) and freelancers engaged to work on your projects.
• Participate in project post-mortems, coordinated by Producer, to review areas of improvement and streamlining.
• Be deeply interested in the hospitality industry, be well-versed in contemporary culture, and be inspired by everything around you.
• Be collaborative, flexible, self-motivated, highly organized, detailed, positive and ready to roll up your sleeves and run with it.
• Be very comfortable handling multiple projects with complex schedules.
• Be passionate and skilled at leading and mentoring other designers to develop their skills.
• Be willing to travel, on average two to three nights per month.
• Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite and working knowledge of Microsoft Word and PowerPoint
• While no coding is needed, you must be knowledgeable about and have a passion for the capabilities and best practices relating to emerging front-end interactive technologies, including HTML, CSS, CMS systems, iOS, etc. general studio responsibilities
• Foster an environment of collaboration, positivity and professional growth, within
firm, and inspire team to consistently achieve superior creative quality, maintain productivity and respond to client’s needs.
• Actively engage and attend industry-activities to support a strong presence within the design community, build name recognition and attract new staff; this may include: judging, speaking, attending events/conferences, writing, etc.
• Actively promote the firm by staying aware of industry trends, competitions, competitive environment, pubic relations opportunities, etc.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
This is a full time, temp to perm position and on-site here in Boston. The trial period will be about 1-2 months before converting to perm
• Must have an online portfolio demonstrating top examples of your work and showcasing a high level of typography, layout and color palate choices (No candidates without portfolios will be considered)
• Must be able to work on-site, full time here in Boston
• must have proven experience working in a sr. designer or art director role
Want more details about this and other Boston, MA opportunities? Meet Lola Sizemore!