Connecting you with the best creative freelance and contract-to-hire roles is our job. Let us help you find yours!
CAD Designer (Audio Visual)Apply
Nov 17, 2016
Temp To Perm
Agent: Andi M.
Job #: 111107
**This is a full-time, long-term, contract-to-hire position for an AV company in Irving. The salary is $50k. Local applicants only - must have live events experience and know Vectorworks. Starts ASAP.**
Our Creative Services Department is seeking an experienced CAD Designer with the proven skills and attention to detail necessary to create highly detailed and accurately scaled floor plans for live events. The ideal candidate for this position possesses a high technical aptitude for rigging design, stagecraft, seating arrangements, and extensive experience working and designing in a wide-range of venues including arena’s, exhibition halls, theaters, ballrooms, meeting rooms, and other function spaces including out-of-doors.
• Create scale drawings for live events that incorporate all technical aspects required of the design including but not limited to complex rigging systems, stage and screen placements that accommodate video projection and scenic elements, lighting and audio placement.
• Incorporation and understanding of various seating styles including but not limited to theater, schoolroom, banquet, and cocktail/reception.
• Adherence to industry standards and facility guidelines for seat and table spacing, aisle widths, and other parameters that may be required to obtain Fire Marshall and or facility Approval. Submit plans for Fire Marshall and or facility approval as needed.
• Maintain and expand Symbol Library.
• Maintain and expand Facility CAD Library.
• Work closely with Account Executives and National Sales Team to ascertain goals and expectations in order to deliver designs on or before due date.
• Work closely with Production Managers, and rigging, lighting, audio, video, and scenic departments as necessary to verify weight limits and other technical parameters or limitations that effect designs.
• Contact facilities as needed to obtain CAD files of function space.
• Minimum (5) years experience in technical venue design for the live event audio visual industry.
• Skilled in Vectorworks CAD Software 2D/3D. Renderworks and Spotlight experience a plus.
• Convert CAD files from other platforms (example: AutoCad) and output completed CAD plans in various file formats in .dwg, .dxf, and PDF.
• Ability to multi-task by working on multiple CAD plans simultaneously while meeting deadlines is essential.
• Work after hours and weekends as needed to complete and amend projects.
• Excellent communication skills
• Self-starter, independent thinker with team player approach
Want more details about this and other Irving, TX opportunities? Meet Andi Mancuso!