Connecting you with the best creative freelance and contract-to-hire roles is our job. Let us help you find yours!
Corporate Communications ManagerApply
Nov 15, 2016
Los Angeles, CA
Temp To Perm
Agent: Caitlin M.
Job #: 110968
Our client is looking for a temp to perm Corporate Communications Manager to work onsite at their office located in Beverly Hills.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist in the development and implementation of strategic media relations programs for corporate and assigned division(s), working closely with both corporate and regional marketing teams.
- Serve as the backup spokesperson for assigned regional PR/Media communications.
- Plan, coordinate and lead PR events for your division(s) including news conferences, groundbreaking activities and media tours.
- Anticipate possible crisis scenarios and develop thorough and strategic plans to proactively respond or be prepared for such situations when needed. Work with internal and external resources to coordinate strategy and response on specific regional issues.
- Manage the Corporate Communications Coordinator by providing guidance and overseeing Coordinator’s responsibilities, including their oversight of the Newsroom, media monitoring, press release drafting and approvals.
- Conduct interviews and makes hiring decisions.
- Evaluate employee performance, provide continual feedback, ensure completion of training. - Recommend and participate in development plans and corrective actions when needed
- Work with the regional and corporate leadership and the Corporate Communications Coordinator to finalize and oversee the delivery of press releases to ensure accurate and effective messages company-wide.
- Cultivate relationships with key business and consumer reporters for assigned media outlets (Print, Broadcast, Internet) and help garner significant media coverage.
- Manage and implement relevant corporate award recognition opportunities, including maintaining application award deadlines, develop and compile collateral for applications, draft copy and submit final applications
- Bachelor’s Degree in Journalism, Communications, Marketing and/or Public Relations required
- Master’s Degree in related field preferred
- 4+ years in-house corporate or agency experience in Public Relations (national, regional, and/or local)
- Prior experience in Real Estate industry preferred, preferably in Residential Homebuilding
- Journalism background is a plus
- Proven experience in writing press releases
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- A strong understanding of strategic, focused and integrated communication programs and how this helps to build and strengthen the brand and reach key stakeholders.
- Demonstrated track record of using communications to help drive business results.
- Expertise in developing and managing key media relationships on regional and local levels.
- Prior experience handling high-profile media issues, public relations crises and events.
If this looks like a great fit, please apply and highlight your relevant experience!
Want more details about this and other Los Angeles, CA opportunities? Meet Caitlin Myers!