Connecting you with the best creative freelance and contract-to-hire roles is our job. Let us help you find yours!
Chief Marketing OfficerApply
Nov 11, 2016
San Diego, CA
Agent: Quinn S.
Job #: 110884
Chief Marketing Officer (CMO) role with higher education institution to be responsible for leading the re-articulation and expansion of the organization brand, development of the marketing strategy and implementation of the roadmap. The CMO will also be responsible for leading a group of dedicated directors, managers, and strategists to achieve success in a highly competitive higher education landscape. He/she will have extensive and successful experience with multi-channel marketing methodologies, especially in an intensive online environment.
• Drive brand architecture development and value proposition-based communications for all academic products, ensuring differentiation, integration and continuity across the academic ecosystem.
• Guide and develop the product marketing function to drive market research, user segmentation, market analysis & insights, and competitive analysis to support market planning and go-to-market business process.
• Lead and manage cross-functional teams to develop measurable, ROI-driven student acquisition and retention marketing strategies.
• Co-develop, co-lead and advocate for system-wide initiatives that lift the student experience and evolve the student journey to the highest levels of student satisfaction, thereby lifting referrals, WOM, student loyalty, and increase in Net Promoter Score.
• Contribute to the market success of the academic product portfolio through a deep knowledge of the market, students and competitors and how this informs the prioritization and delivery of the academic product roadmap and strategy.
• Lead marketing innovation initiatives across all digital media platforms while ensuring maximum efficiency and ROI across existing digital channels including .EDU, SEM, social and content marketing.
• Define marketing KPIs based on internal and external benchmarks, meet or exceed quarterly and annual targets.
We have a simple philosophy at Vitamin T: to personally place the best creative talent in the best jobs for the best companies. When you work for Vitamin T, you qualify for medical, dental and vision insurance after working only four consecutive weeks maintaining an average of 20 hours per week. If this job isn't the right fit for you, but you know someone who is, please pass this job posting on. We have a fantastic referral program that pays out in cash rewards! (http://aquent.com/rewards/)
• Required: Bachelors degree in marketing, advertising or related field
• Preferred: Masters/doctorate degree in marketing, advertising, or business.
• Multi-region, multifaceted higher education marketing experience is a plus.
• Proven experience designing, leveraging and analyzing market data to drive decision-
• In-depth understanding of channel marketing and familiarity with attribution
• A minimum of ten years of progressive and increasingly strategic marketing
• Successful track record in contemporary marketing practices reflected in the
preparation of marketing plans, roadmaps, budgets and creation & monitoring of
• Comfortable with all aspects of brand articulation, brand integration, media buying,
creative content development, product/service marketing, digital platforms
appropriate to target market goals, and new media.
• Significant experience in marketing services nationally: business-to-business is a plus
and business to consumer marketing is required.
• Experience leading within a marketing/advertising agency or demonstrated
effectiveness managing marketing/advertising agency relationships.
• A record of success in marketing a diverse product/service.
• Successful track record in leading online marketing and lead generating initiatives
within or for a large multifaceted organization focused on branding and strategic execution.
Want more details about this and other San Diego, CA opportunities? Meet Quinn Sidon!