Connecting you with the best creative freelance and contract-to-hire roles is our job. Let us help you find yours!
UX Manager + Senior UX Design ManagerApply
Oct 20, 2016
Agent: Ryanne C.
Job #: 109916
Hands on role
Onsite in Watertown, MA
Start date: Before EOY/January 2017
The roles are onsite full time, but we will emphasize that we are a flexible environment when it comes to appointments and things and needing to be home around those times. There is also a free shuttle service I'd like to highlight– picking up regularly in Harvard Square, Back Bay, Southie, and now in Cleveland Circle and Waverly station off the commuter rail. It is also only a few miles to bike there along the Charles, too!
Utilize user experience skills to work with multi-disciplinary R&D program teams to define, design and test feature and functionality inventions and improvements. This role will lead projects to execution, guiding R&D teams and threads of work. Conduct foundational research, communicate/document workflows, facilitate ideation and sketching sessions, create strategy briefs, create design documentation (when appropriate), plan and execute experiments to test concepts.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Provide UX leadership on projects
o Drive work through to execution
o Communicate and manage to project process and timeline
o Cooperate with cross-functional members of the team to ensure proper completion of work as it relates to the goals of the project or task at hand.
o Assume responsibility for outcomes and goal accomplishment.
• Utilize UX design skills in the execution of projects
o Design journey maps and other illustrations of the user experience
o Facilitate group ideation and sketching workshops
o Create experience strategy briefs
o Create low- to high-fidelity sketches, wireframes, and prototypes to communicate design ideas
• Utilize UX research skills in the execution of projects
o Plan and conduct foundational user research to understand user issues and needs
o Plan and execute research experiments to learn fast and prove/disprove product design hypotheses conducting usefulness and usability testing
Education, Experience, & Skills Required:
• Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Design, Human-Computer Interaction, Cognitive Psychology, Computer Science, Business or related disciplines
• At least 5 years of professional experience
• 2-4 years’ experience managing UX teams of at least 3 people
• Exceptional communication skills
• Advanced understanding of UX ideation and design techniques
• Experience observing users as part of field studies and evaluative testing
Behaviors and Abilities Required:
• Ability to forge strong working relationships; work collaboratively with multi-disciplinary teams including product managers and developers
• Ability to switch gears, juggle multiple projects and work within tight deadlines
• Confident workshop facilitator
• Ability to prioritize and to multi-task in a face paced environment, manage several projects simultaneously, meet deadlines, and communicate potential conflicts to manager
• Ability to work independently as well as part of an extended, cross-functional team
• Ability to be an effective team member and display initiative and flexibility in team goal orientation in a fast paced, ever changing environment
• Ability to be flexible and change with environment, industry, and business demands
• Travel required, predicting 25%, but time may vary and will include client site visits
Senior Manager, UX Design
Hands on and people management
Onsite in Watertown, MA
Start date: Before EOY/January 2017
Think about your last doctor visit. What are the first words that come to mind? Captivating? Empowering? Liberating? Not the disorienting health system we know today. But for a moment, imagine what Healthcare could be. Imagine how the skills you’ve devoted to entertainment, media, gaming, energy, or education could transform a visit to the doctor, a trip to the emergency room or a lifetime with a chronic illness.
The Call for Heroes
User Experience designers are reimagining clinical intelligence during the moments of care, and by doing so are reshaping the daily practice of medicine. We employ user-centered research, design and business acumen to create mobile products and services for healthcare professionals.
And we need designers like you to join us. We have been assembling a multidisciplinary team of super-human talent in visual/brand design, interaction design and front-end engineering. With us you’ll have the opportunity to play a definitive role in the entire design process: research, insights, ideation, modeling and detailed design. And you will collaborate with clinicians, product managers and developers to imagine, build and deliver products to an eager and loyal market.
Your Super Powers: Leader. Artisanal Craft and Razor-Sharp Visual Skills
You consume big picture ideas and communication objectives and create brand-defining, captivating visual interfaces. You are obsessed with the details and you see the potential for creating art in every experience. You impart your wisdom on your apprentices with grace, and appropriately assign missions of heroism to each of them. Your outstanding portfolio reflects a track record of hands-on work.
• You have experience leading junior designers- guiding the direction of their work, providing critique, mentoring and organizing their time.
• You have years of experience creating visual interfaces for mobile, tablet and web.
• You deliver mood boards, persuasive communication pieces and visual design directions that are emblematic of your mastery of typography, composition, color, image, iconography and motion.
• You use persuasive arguments and narratives to educate and enroll stakeholders in your ideas.
• You have the ability to create high-fidelity prototypes to rapidly explore ideas and complex interactions in the context of the overall product.
• You have a BA/BS in Graphic Design, Visual Communication, Multimedia or similar.
• You are a team player who knows how to work with diverse stakeholders including product managers, developers and other designers.
• You have the ability to work proactively, with limited direction, on projects under tight deadlines.
• You have experience with structured or agile development processes.
Want more details about this and other Watertown, MA opportunities? Meet Ryanne Conway!