These handy architects organize and label critical aspects of a site to make sure it's dead simple for visitors to find what they need in the most intuitive manner possible. Because they know how difficult it is to give people what they want if they can't find it. Some call them digital librarians. We call them flat-out awesome.
Skills & Deliverables
- Determine overall hierarchy of information based on end user needs
- Classify content flow based on user research
- Create wireframes to outline flow of site information (When you see a lot of grey boxes in lieu of true content or visuals, that's the work of an IA!)
- Develop content taxonomy (AKA labeling navigation bars)
- Ability to create spreadsheets and PDFs in Visio and Adobe Illustrator