We take measurement seriously. That's why we retain an Expert Network—more than 30 seasoned pros in UX, Marketing Technology (MarTech), and Web Development, to conduct Independent Assessments. Independent Assessments, are a discussion around a Talent’s background and skills where our Experts review work samples and ask questions around understanding a Talent’s technical skills in the context of past work and provide a candid, easy to understand summary that is shared with our Clients when they’re submitted for a role.
Our Expert Interviewers can provide:
- Overview of skills based on in-depth review of code samples and/or portfolio
- Customized writeup covering depth and specifics about technical skills
- Recommendations on culture fit and communication style
- Insight on how well a Talent matches a specific job description
- Assessment of talent’s ability and interest in continual learning to build skill sets and stay current with emerging trends and technology
In addition, our Experts have also helped Clients pinpoint their specific needs, and create compelling and complete job descriptions that attract great Talent and ensure they have the skills to perform the work as expected.
While not every Talent needs an Expert Interview (based on skill set), our highly-trained recruiters perform face-to-face behavioral Business Interviews for all Talent we choose to represent. During the portfolio and resume review, we ensure every Talent embodies the six soft skills our Clients most often associate with freelancer success:
- Communication: Interacts effectively in verbal and written formats
- Quality-orientation: Cares deeply about the quality of his/her work product
- Problem-solving: Eager and able to tackle complex problems; can explain solutions
- Teamwork: Displays cooperative and collaborative traits
- Accountability: Takes responsibility for his/her actions and performance
- Self-direction: Works independently and takes initiative to get things done
To triple-check for accuracy, we also offer Reference Checks. This gives our Clients real world insight into a Talent’s past work performance from those that have interacted with them in a work environment
Best of all, once we’re done, we give you easy access to real Client feedback on their performance, right in the Talent's profile!
Believe it or not, we’re not done there. During our Quality Check process, our Agent team checks in throughout the assignment with both Clients and Talent to gather feedback. Through this neutral feedback loop, we make sure that everyone’s happy and that work—and work environment—matches everyone’s expectations.