San Diego agent Fay Scott believes there’s a little Don Draper brilliance in all of us.
She describes her job as “finding people that shine and bringing them to places that help them shine brighter.”
Now you know why we love her so much!
We asked her 11 Quick Questions to find out what advice she has for digital creatives, what keeps her inspired, and important stuff like her favorite app.
- App that you can't live without? Spotify.
- iPhone or Android or Blackberry? iPhone all the way.
- Who rocks your world on Twitter? @whitegrlproblem
- Favorite site? The Huffington Post
- Inspirational Digital Hero? Karmin. What's not to love about a YouTube success story?
- Stranded-on-an-island DVD? I'm a big fan of Woody Allen and Wes Anderson, but I’d have to go with Midnight in Paris. Every time I watch it I discover something new and delightful about the 1920s.
- Most important advice for creative resumes? Write your own personal brand brief, with a boilerplate that's unique, concise and informative. Also, if you’re creative, stay away from Times New Roman, please.
- Favorite place to eat in town? Bencotto Italian Kitchen. Pumpkin ravioli in sage butter, yummm!
- Jobs trending in your area? Web Production, UI/UX, and Mobile.
- Favorite ad campaign? I know it's cheesy, but I'm pretty sure I was bawling by the end of the Chrysler Super Bowl spot in 2011.
- Parting piece of advice for interviewing? Do your research. Find your interviewers on LinkedIn, do your homework on the company and upcoming initiatives. Your goal is to help them understand how they will benefit from what you bring to the table. Sell yourself!
Looking for jobs in the San Diego area?
Connect with Fay!