A self-proclaimed perfectionist, Ryanne confesses to doing whatever it takes to make sure both her talent and clients are happy and satisfied. She loves the fact that she gets to work with really smart, creative people every day and find them the work that makes them truly happy.
We asked her our BRAND NEW batch of 11 Quick Questions, so you can find out advice she has for creatives, how she stays up on the world of digital, and important stuff like her guilty song pleasure.
- Google or Bing? Google
- Best digital event in your city? Boston CHI! Their free meetings bring people from all fields (human factors, psychology, graphic design, UI, UX) to learn and discuss human-computer interaction.
- Describe your city in 5 words. Busy. Innovative. Historical. Prideful. Sports-fanatics.
- Best advice to any manager conducting an interview? Don't ask questions that can be answered with a simple “yes” or “no” answer. Open-ended questions get you much more detail from candidates. Most importantly, make the interview conversational and personal. You'll get much more useful information this way!
- Biggest mistake people make on their resumes? Including too many "expert" skill sets (e.g. SEO, responsive design, copy writing, AND Drupal developer!)
- Native Apps or Responsive Design? Responsive Design
- Favorite meme? Condescending Wonka
- Favorite place to keep up with changes in the digital world? Mashable
- Advice for freelancers to make their first day a successful one? Show up 5 minutes early, bring a positive attitude, and, above all, BE PREPARED!
- Next big thing in digital? I definitely think it's experiential marketing and digital displays for retail.
- Guilty song pleasure? Taylor Swift, "I Knew You Were Trouble"