Being able to match amazing creative talent with just the right opportunity is what Quinn loves most about being an agent at Vitamin T. He told us he considers it an honor to help creatives follow their passions, continue on their career path, and grow professionally.
He answered our 11 Quick Questions so we could find out what advice he has for digital creatives, what keeps him inspired, and important stuff like his favorite app.
- App that you can't live without? Huffington Post’s (and Flashlight is close second)
- iPhone, Android, or Blackberry? iPhone. Admittedly, I miss just a few Android-system features. So many buttons on a Blackberry.
- Who rocks your world on Twitter? Bill Maher cracks me up!
- Favorite site? SoundCloud
- Inspirational Digital Hero? Nick Woodman! He invented the GoPro Camera. He's let us all see things from a totally different perspective, on land and sea.
- Stranded-on-an-island DVD? Slumdog Millionaire
- Most important advice for creative resumes? Besides listing your clients and accomplishments, always list your technical skills (programs, languages, etc.). It optimizes your resume - and clients and recruiters are looking for specifics!
- Favorite place to eat in town? So many. Mexican restaurants/taco trucks that serve fish tacos with spicy salsa; Pho Fusion (Vietnamese), Star Anise (Thai), or Bruno's (Italian). Yes, I'm a foodie.
- Jobs trending in your area? Lately it's been Digital Marketing and Interactive Design, and it changes month to month. UX/Mobile design is always on trend.
- Favorite ad campaign? Heineken Brazil’s ‘Um Like Um Balao’ (One Like One Balloon). It’s a clever campaign to get Facebook "Likes". 1 like = 1 balloon in the room (the last video is a room full of balloons).
- Parting piece of advice for interviewing? Companies want to understand how you can solve their problems, and creatives are problem solvers. By articulating your projects, your role, and positive outcomes, the interviewer will be left with a feeling of how you can contribute to their success. So tell the story of your creative work!