Katy has a passion for helping others and years of staffing and recruiting experience. She’s also a self-proclaimed nerd with a love for all things creative. Her goal? To connect and meet with the best creative talent in Metro Detroit and match them up with the most awesome jobs on the market.
We know she’s just the person who can do it, too.
We asked her our trademark 11 Quick Questions so we could find out what advice she has for digital creatives, what keeps her inspired, and important stuff like her favorite app.
- App that you can't live without? Flipboard
- iPhone, Android, or Blackberry? iPhone
- Who rocks your world on Twitter? Jimmy Fallon
- Favorite site? Home design site Houzz
- Inspirational Digital Hero? Steve Jobs AND Steve Wozniak
- Stranded-on-an-island DVD? The Breakfast Club
- Most important advice for creative resumes? Brand yourself! Job titles are good but think about the values/skills/intangibles you bring to the table. Come up with one amazing idea that represents YOU as a creative talent!
- Favorite place to eat in town? Union Woodshop. Solid BBQ (trust me when I say this, I'm from Texas), unforgettable mac and cheese, inviting atmosphere, and seriously good drinks (their bloody mary is the best I've ever had). Oh, and don't forget dessert. Their butterscotch pudding is phenomenal!
- Jobs trending in your area? This week it's front end developers, web designers and project managers. Next week, who knows?! We may have the dream job for YOU! ;)
- Favorite ad? Wieden + Kennedy’s 2012 Super Bowl ad for Chrysler, Halftime in America
- Parting piece of advice for interviewing? Remember the 3 B's: Be prepared. Be yourself. And BElieve!