Jennifer’s passion is finding talent their dream jobs at startups, agencies, and branding firms all around the Bay Area. When she’s not working with the Vitamin T crew, you’re sure to find her out mingling with digital creatives or watching her beloved Niners―possibly both!
We asked her our trademark batch of 11 Quick Questions, so you can find out advice she has for creatives, how she stays up on the world of digital, and important stuff like her guilty song pleasure.
- Google or Bing? Google
- Best digital event in your city? An Event Apart and Designers with Drinks. An Event Apart is an amazing place to find out what’s happening on the leading edge of digital. These guys were talking about responsive design over a year before everyone else was. Designers with Drinks is a terrific place to meet casually with talent. People are there to just mix, mingle, and have fun! I get to hear what they’re working on, what they like working on, and what they’re loving currently in the digital realm.
- Describe your city in 5 words. Accepting. Creative. Inspiring. Resilient, Dynamic.
- Best advice to any manager conducting an interview? Hard skills are important, but make sure that you’re asking appropriate questions about soft skill sets as well. That will make all the difference in those long-term and full-time hires. Also, be open to seeing the potential in talent, rather than seeing just what’s on their resume.
- Biggest mistake people make on their resumes? Trying to cram way too much information onto the page. My advice: be succinct and choose your words carefully. Big brand names and hot projects you’ve worked on will go a long way!
- Native Apps or Responsive Design? Responsive Design
- Favorite meme? Well, since I am a HUGE Niner fan, I gotta admit that Kaepernicking is my fave meme at the moment. GO NINERS!
- Favorite place to keep up with changes in the digital world? Right now, it’s actually the agents that I work with! Since we’re all always interacting with a diverse group of talent and clients, a lot of information funnels into our office. (And yes, a lot of times we know what’s coming along before a lot of other people do!)
- Advice for freelancers to make their first day a successful one? Be a sponge and soak up as much as you can! Don't be afraid to ask questions as well as show value in the work that you do (without bragging about it). Have a positive attitude, it will never go unnoticed.
- Next big thing in digital? The movement from apps to integrated experiences for controlling appliances and products in your home. I've seen some of the initial comps for this in portfolios, and it's pretty exciting stuff!
- Guilty song pleasure? Why do I have to pick just one?! This is tough! "Stayin' Alive" by The Bee Gees and anything by the Spice Girls.