Carolyn has been told (and not just by us) that she always finds the best way to connect with people. Perfect for someone who spends her day making great interactive matches between talent and clients.
She’s someone who digs design, technology and the people that make the two happen, which is why we so enjoyed asking her 11 Quick Questions so we could find out what advice she has for digital creatives, what keeps her inspired, and important stuff like her favorite app.
- App that you can't live without? Pandora
- iPhone, Android, or Blackberry? iPhone or bust!
- Who rocks your world on Twitter? Brain Picking’s Maria Popova and photographer Chase Jarvis
- Favorite site? The New York Times
- Inspirational Digital Hero? Bill Gates for his vision both philanthropic as well as technologic
- Stranded-on-an-island DVD? The Sound of Music (the hills are ALIVE, people!)
- Most important advice for creative resumes? Space is hard to come by on a resume but always include months in your experience. “2009-2010” can mean “1 month” or “11 months,” and to a hiring manager, it matters.
- Favorite place to eat in town? Latona Pub for a burger and brew and Phinney Market for some steamers and a glass of wine.
- Jobs trending in your area? Mobile is IN!
- Favorite ad campaign? Taxi New York and Brendan Gibbons of Station Film’s recent campaign for Applegate Organic and Natural Meat
- Parting piece of advice for interviewing? Be prepared to talk about your process. Chances are, if a client is meeting you in person, it means they like your work from a visual aspect and now they want to understand how you got there. Articulating your work process is vital and the ability to do so well will always help you stand out from the crowd.