A graphic designer and font nerd for the last eight years, Abbey loves helping people, especially fellow creatives. As someone who lives and breathes the creative industry, she’s the perfect fit with all of us other nerds here at Vitamin T!
Abbey answered our 11 Quick Questions so we could find out what advice she has for digital creatives, what keeps her inspired, and important stuff like her favorite app.
- App that you can't live without? Camera+. I love the ability to still be creative on the go!
- iPhone, Android, or Blackberry? iPhone... duh.
- Who rocks your world on Twitter? Veer. The ultimate feed for designers and font nerds like me.
- Favorite site? As cliché as it sounds... probably Facebook.
- Inspirational Digital Hero? Probably Steve Jobs. I’ve been an Apple nerd since birth, and his masterpieces have shifted my talent as both a designer and recruiter.
- Stranded-on-an-island DVD? Christmas Vacation. Hands down.
- Most important advice for creative resumes? Less is more. My mom told me this when I was younger and I truly believe those words can help us all. Keep it simple, clean and a nice amount of negative space. Even if your audience is not a creative themselves, let them see how amazing you truly are with your resume alone.
- Favorite place to eat in town? Firefly in Dupont Circle. I’m on a gluten-free diet, and over 85% of the menu is gluten free!!! Amazing!
- Jobs trending in your area? UX/IA, Digital Designers, Mobile App Developers and SEO/SEM Strategists
- Favorite ad campaign? Leo Burnett’s Mayhem campaign for Allstate.
- Parting piece of advice for interviewing? Be yourself and try not to be nervous. If you’re terrified during interviews, focus on those pieces and accomplishments that make you most proud. When you talk about something you’re passionate about, your nerves will settle. Then the client can experience your excitement and passion for your craft. And remember, always bring your most recent pieces in your portfolio, nobody wants to see a blast from the past.
Looking for jobs in the Washington, DC area?
Connect with Abbey!