Our Direct Hire Consultant Laura Commisso readily admits she is "that person."
You know, the one who strikes up conversations with random strangers on the street. The person who can talk to anyone, anywhere, at any time, whether she knows them or not.
We haven’t asked, but we’re fairly certain “Networker” is her middle name.
Which means if you’re looking for a great creative or marketing job in Toronto, she’s definitely someone you should get to know!
Start out by learning a bit about her as she answers our 7 Quick Questions, then give her a jingle!
- What most excites you about your work and the contribution you make? I absolutely LOVE helping people with their careers and placing them in roles that really match their passions. I feel like it's a win-win-win situation: for my client, the talent, and my team! What other job is there where EVERYONE you work with wins? It's a cycle of positive vibes. It really helps me contribute to this crazy world in a meaningful way and aligns with my belief that everyone should do what they love.
- What’s one question a candidate should always ask in a job interview? "Why does this role matter to the growth of a company?" This is a GREAT question to ask when you’re up for a permanent role. It shows that you’re thinking beyond the position and the company as it is, and asking what impact you can make on the future. It will also give you perspective on what’s to be expected of you should you take the job. However, be prepared for the interviewer to be a bit flustered. They don't get asked tough questions much and might not be prepared!
- What do you love about working with creative talent? Creative talent are SO passionate! I get motivated by other people's excitement and drive. Working with the people in this field really fires me up. Creatives see things in so many different ways that my perspective often shifts while speaking with them. Plus I feel like I learn something from every talent I speak with. I love that!
- What’s one important skill every person should have? Communication. This doesn't always have to be with words, as creative talent often speak with their art or work. But I think being able to communicate what you want is vital to getting the career and opportunities that really fit.
- How did you get into recruiting? I got into recruiting a LONG time ago. When I was looking for work I had an amazing experience with a recruiter (who I am still friends with to this day!) I worked for her in a temp role and did such a good job that after the role ended she offered me a job. I took it and never looked back!
- If you could have dinner with one person living or dead, who would it be and why? My answer to this question always changes, but for now I'm going to go with Prince. I am a major fan of his music and he has so many songs that you can always find one that perfectly matches OR changes your mood. I was lucky enough to see him in concert a month before he passed away, but a dinner would be even better. Just to be in the presence of his genius.... and maybe have him sing a little too!
- Favorite GIF?
Looking for a great permanent opportunity in Toronto? Contact Laura!