With over ten years of experience in marketing and advertising in both Milwaukee and Chicago, Vitamin T agent Valerie Becknell understands the world of creatives and loves connecting them with their next great opportunity.
In Milwaukee and looking for a great gig? Read Valerie’s answers to our 7 Quick Questions, then give her a call!
- What most excites you about your work and the contribution you make? What thrills me most about my job is that I get to play an active role in helping people grow in their career. There is no better feeling than connecting great talent with a great company.
- What’s one question a candidate should always ask in a job interview? “What makes somebody in this position and at this company truly successful?” This gives you a glimpse into the culture of the company as well the opportunity to explain how you possess all of the right skills and background to be their ideal candidate.
- What’s one important skill every person should have? Being a good listener. Becoming a successful creative and marketer has so much to do with listening for opportunities: finding (and solving) that pain point for your customers, locating that empty niche in the marketplace, etc. I think that applies to just about everything in life! Listening allows us to grow a business, our careers and our relationships.
- What do you love about working with creative talent? I spent the first (almost) decade of my career at ad agencies as an account manager, so I have a deep appreciation for the creative process. Even after all that time, I’m still inspired every day by the incredibly talented designers I get to meet and work with.
- If you could have dinner with one person living or dead, who would it be and why? Oprah. Because she's Oprah. Need I say more??
- What tech innovation has most impacted your life? Smartphones. I honestly don't know how I survived in work and life without it. I can connect with any person I need/want to throughout the day regardless of their location or mine. Complete communication game changer!
- Favorite GIF?
Find a great job match in Milwaukee by connecting with Valerie!