A native Austinite (born & raised) Tate’s as passionate about creatives as she is finding jobs where they can put their talents to good use.
If you love Austin—and creatives—as much as we do, check out her answers to our 11 Quick Questions to find what traits clients ask for most and the best digital event in her city.
- Traits that clients ask for most? Strong communication skills and ability to "socialize" (that is, play well with others).
- Best digital event in your city? SXSW Interactive. It may just be the best digital event anywhere!
- Next big thing in digital? SMART WATCHES!!
- Google or Bing? Google.
- Advice for freelancers to make their first day a successful one? Introduce yourself to everyone you can. And smile!
- Favorite meme? “Ma, the meatloaf!”cat.
- Best advice to any manager conducting an interview? Don't hire primarily on skills and experience. Consider a person's attitude and their potential. Some of the most valuable employees don't always look great on paper.
- Describe your city in 5 words. Weird in the BEST way.
- Biggest mistake people make on their resumes? Spelling and grammar errors (major red flags).
- Who is your favorite superhero? Aquaman.
- Guilty song pleasure? Ke$ha’s “Tik Tok!”
Looking for a partner to find you great freelancers in the Austin area?
Connect with Tate!