With a passion for design, Suzy was a project manager, graphic designer, and art director for 10 years before joining our awesome OC office. She has a keen sense of a talent’s capabilities and how to expertly match those with a client’s needs.
Hop into her '67 Mustang to find out her advice for managers conducting interviews, the biggest mistake people make on resumes, and of course, her guilty song pleasure.
- Google or Bing? Google.
- Favorite digital event? SoCal UX Camp (we’re sponsoring!)
- Best advice to any manager conducting an interview? Interviewees are nervous. If you can help them feel comfortable with you they’ll open up and not just give you their rehearsed answers.
- Biggest mistake people make on their resumes? Typos and grammatical errors. It’s amazing a candidate hasn’t taken the time to ensure their resume is 100% proofread, especially when a job rides on it. Yet hiring managers (and I) see these kinds of mistakes all the time.
- Native Apps or Responsive Design? Responsive Design.
- Favorite meme? Honeybadger Don't Care.
- Favorite place to keep up with changes in the digital world? TED and Mashable.
- Advice for freelancers to make their first day a successful one? Be on time. Listen. Don't be afraid to ask questions!
- Who is your favorite super hero? Wonder Woman.
- Favorite type or font? Gill sans.
- Guilty song pleasure? Justin Timberlake’s ”Rock Your Body.” It makes me want to dance every time I hear it.
Looking for work in the Orange County area?
Connect with Suzy!