Always up for adventure, some days you can find Vitamin T agent Sheri Hunter whitewater rafting, diving off cliffs, jumping out of airplanes, or in some faraway locale like Kenya, Thailand, or Mozambique.
But on most days, she’s helping lead creatives on their own amazing adventures as an indispensable part of our Detroit team.
Are you on the hunt for your next big opportunity? Check out her answers to our 7 Quick Questions, then give Sheri a call!
- What’s the BEST thing someone can do when looking for a job? Tell every single one of their friends and family that they are actively searching for a job. You can never be sure who knows the person who’s hiring for your dream gig. That’s the BEST thing you can do. But don’t forget to reach out to other networking resources as well, e.g. alumni associations, local career events, etc.
- Best creative/digital event in your city? Why? Speaking of networking, I love Detroit’s Ladies That UX events. You get to hear fresh perspectives on UX challenges, demands, and expectations from the top people actively working in the field. It’s a great resource to learn about the latest happenings in UX and develop essential business contacts.
- What made you want to work at Vitamin T? I wanted to work with Vitamin T so I could connect people with great jobs. It’s an amazing feeling to be helping others attain their career goals.
- What’s your favorite interview question?“What are the daily activities you would do in your ideal job?” It is my favorite because it homes in on skill, talent, and passion, which many other standard interview questions miss.
- What’s one important skill every person should have and why? For me, listening to understand is the single most important skill everyone should develop. If you focus on WHAT a person is truly saying, it really helps enhance every future interaction you have with them. It’s not easy to do, but well worth learning.
- If you could invent an app, what would it be and why? I'm not telling! No one is going to steal my idea. :) Hahahaha...
- What most excites you about your work and the contribution you make? What excites me most is when one of our talent lands a job they really want. Then calling the excited client is the icing on the cake!
Looking for amazing creative talent in Detroit? Connect with Sheri!