Working at Vitamin T allows Washington DC agent Sha’Ron Martin to pursue her two main passions: recruiting and working with creative talent.
She’s wild about the creative industry and the people who make it tick and loves nothing more than helping talent find their dream jobs.
Read her answers to our 7 Quick Questions, then give her a call!
- What most excites you about your work and the contribution you make? It’s incredibly rewarding to get someone a job that’s better than the one they were in. That's the one thing I've always loved about recruiting. You get to work with lots of people who look to you for guidance and support, so helping them land their dream job is the BEST part!
- What’s your favorite interview question? “What are your top skills and strengths?" I love this question because it gives candidates the opportunity to tell me what THEY love about THEMSELVES. When talent share this, it only makes me that much more excited to share those things with my client!
- What’s the BEST thing someone can do when looking for a job? The BEST thing someone can do when looking for a job is to stay active! That means a lot of things: submitting applications and resumes to every position you are interested in and qualified for; going on as many interviews as possible; and attending networking events, job fairs, and conferences. (Essentially any professional social event that will give you the opportunity to meet other professionals in your field.) I might add this: don't be discouraged! Job hunting is tough, but by staying optimistic and motivated, you’ll keep the momentum you need to land an amazing job!
- Best creative/digital event in your city? An Event Apart DC is my go-to event to interact with the most innovative digital creative professionals in the world. It’s an incredible educational conference for anyone who is passionate about web design and development. I have had the pleasure of meeting some amazing people there, creatives on the brink of changing tomorrow as well as those that have already changed our yesterday!
- If you could invent an app, what would it be and why? An app that allowed you to teleport! I hate driving and traveling. If I could easily appear anywhere in the world, life would be a few steps closer to perfect.
- What do you love about working with creative talent? I love working with creative talent because they teach me something new every day. The ability to create something in itself is a beautiful concept, so getting to work with people everyday who create for a living and LOVE what they do inspires me.
- What’s one important skill every person should have and why? I think the most important skill a person should have is the ability to be open minded. People have a hard time understanding one another because they tend to create opinions quickly, without truly getting to know each other. Never judge a book by its cover! The world is too beautiful to judge that which you don't understand.